Avatar: The Way of Water Releases Digitally on March 28

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The spectacular visuals of James Cameron's acclaimed Avatar sequel can soon be enjoyed outside of the cinema in 4K Ultra HD quality with Dolby Atmos audio. 20th Century Home Entertainment has announced that Avatar: The Way of Water, which has grossed $2,282,808,642 since its release in theaters on December 16, 2022, will be available to watch digitally beginning Tuesday, March 28. Avatar fans often say that the new sequel is best experienced at premium IMAX cinemas in 3D and HFR, but the home release does promise some exclusive benefits, including three hours of never-before-seen extras. Release dates for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray versions of Avatar: The Way of Water are still to come.

See full article...

Yet, i don't know or heard of a single person that saw it. Not so with several marvel, and not so TopGun Maverick. The target audience must be so outside of my typical circle, or Hollywood is straight up money laundering of some sort.

I honestly don't care to see it myself. First one was just average, and don't expect much more with this one.

Meh I'll stream it for "free" well as free as a paid sub gets.

The spectacular visuals of James Cameron’s acclaimed Avatar sequel can soon be enjoyed outside of the cinema in 4K Ultra HD quality with Dolby Atmos audio.

Nah, not TRUE 4K (this digital mess will have extreme low bitrate) and it would be SUPER stupid to double-dip (this digital garbage will be the same price, or more, than the physical copy), so, it would be best for WISE consumers to wait for the ultimate experience (visuals and audio - DTS:X MA and TrueHD) on BluRay.

You'll thank me later.

Whenever it filters down to Netflix/Prime level, I'll watch it. Not spending real money.

Yet, i don't know or heard of a single person that saw it.
Me neither.

I'm guessing this is VOD so I'll wait until Disney+ gets it. Neither the link or the article specify.

Edit: Here we go from Deadline, "James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water will be available from all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, Vudu and Movies Anywhere on March 28."

Hollywood is straight up money laundering of some sort
I haven't seen the original but at least back then everybody I knew was talking about having seen it, or talking about wanting to see it. Not about the story itself since it was the general consensus that it was lame.

However I haven't heard a single peep from anybody about this one. Has hollywood finally found the hidden "modern audiences"?. Money laundering seems more plausibl to me.

Become a Patron!
Back