Aya Neo 7 Nm Portable Now Available for Preorder on Indiegogo

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Image: Aya Neo

The Aya Neo is looking to bring PC gaming to the handheld arena. With its AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, it’s the world’s first 7 nm handheld gaming device with a 7-inch 800p H-IPS touch screen. The 215 PPI display is rated at 500 nits, which makes it comparable to most laptops in terms of brightness and clarity. Running on Windows 10, the Aya Neo is capable of playing AAA titles at 30 to 60 FPS.

The Aya Neo has multiple power profiles tuned for higher performance or battery savings. The battery, which is provided by BYD Auto, is said to last 5 to 6 hours at its lowest settings but goes down to around 140 minutes at max settings. USB ports on both the Aya Neo and its docking station allow it to be connected to up to two displays and support mouse and keyboard.

Since starting...

Continue reading...

Eventually when these can handle OG Xbox-PS1-2-3,N64-Wii-Saturn-Dreamcast, all with aplomb. Then I will be in.I don't need a tiny PC gaming machine but a portable emulation station would be nice. One that has HDMI out so I can plug it into random TVs and get going with friends.

Eventually when these can handle OG Xbox-PS1-2-3,N64-Wii-Saturn-Dreamcast, all with aplomb. Then I will be in.I don't need a tiny PC gaming machine but a portable emulation station would be nice. One that has HDMI out so I can plug it into random TVs and get going with friends.
I can see them doing it. Already has DP over 2 x USB 3.2 ports but they might incorporate HDMI.

I know if I was a kid and my parents gave me one of these I'd be pretty psyched but I have doubts how many parents would shell out $700+ for something like that.

I'm hoping they do an update soon with something like the new Ryzen Mobile 5900HX for their own sake. It's a beast and even though that would eat up the battery more and raise the price a bit but the performance gain would probably be significant. I've got a new laptop on order with it paired with an RTX 3070(115 W).

I've seen several chinese android "switch" knock offs that emulate most of your list.

I've seen several chinese android "switch" knock offs that emulate most of your list.
Yeah as have I, but I want the full gamut of those consoles which will require both SW Emulation and physical HW updates.

Thats an avenue I want to explore more. I have a friend with a switch that's old enough its fully capable of being modded.
I've tried pretty much all your list save for xbox and saturn on my shieldtv so I'm confident they should do fine on the switch

I've tried pretty much all your list save for xbox and saturn on my shieldtv so I'm confident they should do fine on the switch
I've barely used mine other than for watching things my TV doesn't have. Honestly hadn't thought of doing that with it. Cool!

I've barely used mine other than for watching things my TV doesn't have. Honestly hadn't thought of doing that with it. Cool!
Easily the best emulation console available, actually many emulators are shield tv optimized so they run best on it.

Become a Patron!
Back