Batman: Arkham Knight Continues to Have More Players than Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League despite Being Nearly Ten Years Old

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Batman: Arkham Knight may have gotten off to a rough start when it launched in 2015 but it seems to be faring better than its spiritual successor. Batman: Arkham Knight was released for PC and consoles nearly a decade ago and despite it too being a game that was pulled from a major online retailer shortly after launch due to an incredibly buggy and unoptimized state it eventually reached a point where PC owners could enjoy it. Now fast forward back to the present time and while Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League may not have launched in a similar state, two weeks in it still hasn't managed to gain enough momentum to overtake its predecessor. A glance at the current Steam charts shows somewhat surprising, and at least for Rocksteady Studios, depressing figures.

See full article...

It's definitely not a spiritual successor. If you've seen the game this is not surprising at all. Boring repetitive focused on a singular shooting mechanic. And to add insult to injury it disrespects the characters. In other words it shows all the symptoms of a game made for "modern audiences". Just like the saints row reboot.

Yep, never played SSKTJL and am not likely going to. They did try panning it off as a kind of sequel for the "Gotham-verse" but I think we all had our doubts about that. I admit I never got too far into BMAK but have always wanted to get back to it. I think I maybe was about 25% before I moved on to something else but always felt like I should get back to it.

I did, however, recently revisit Arkham City a few months back when I did a little 3D gaming on my old 2080 Ti/ASUS 1440p 3D 27", and that was fun. On a technical level that game is still very impressive for the things it supports. Even played it for a bit on my laptop that has 2x 980m GPUs in SLI. This game, for me, is the one that is probably the best of anything so far for DC, although I know a lot of folks feel that way about Asylum.

I gave up on the third arkham game due to the stupid steaklth missions with the car, I hate those kinds of missions and it makes no sence to do them with a car.

I gave up on the third arkham game due to the stupid steaklth missions with the car, I hate those kinds of missions and it makes no sence to do them with a car.
a CAR A CAR... It's the BATMOBILE IT CAN DO ANYTHING! ;)

Become a Patron!
Back