Bayonetta’s Original Voice Actor Claims That It Was an Insulting Offer, Not Scheduling, That Prevented Her Return

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Hellena Taylor claims that it was an insulting offer, not scheduling, that prevented her return and is asking fans to boycott Bayonetta 3.

Go to post

Good for her and shame on the producers for trying to skimp on the voice talent. I've no intention of playing this... not that I did before.

I'd have to hear both sides of the story before I could draw any conclusions.

What's to say she didn't demand something ridiculous? I'm not saying she did, I'm just saying I don't know.

The entire airing of dirty laundry is a bit cringey too -- I mean, if it deserves to be publicly shamed, ok (and if we take what she is claiming in the article at face value - maybe? I don't know what the going rate for voice acting is or how much time it involves - if it's a few hours for $4k, that isn't bad... if that's weeks of sitting in a sound booth, that is pretty low), but it just looks like a business deal that did not connect on the surface, and one side is very bitter about it.

The justification seemed to be - the franchise made a lot of money, they can pay more. And maybe they can afford to pay more. However, you should get paid for the work you do and value you add. Just because the franchise or company made a lot of money doesn't necessarily make you entitled to it. I would admit that a reoccurring actress as a voice has some value to it, and I have no idea how much time, training, or effort is involved in being a voice actor - so I don't know if that's a fair offering or not. I suspect it's low, but I don't know if it's low enough to go out and try to throw dirt on the company or not. They obviously found someone they could work with, and this isn't coming out until now, just a couple weeks before it's set to release.

Last edited:
I'd have to hear both sides of the story before I could draw any conclusions.
Same. And while she did a fantastic job as the main character in the previous two games (and I was disappointed when I first heard she would not be returning), her word alone is not gonna stop me from buying the game. The price of the game will be what stops me from buying the game. Might have to bust out emulation for this one.

Some parts of the other side:

After reading that, it's plausible to believe there was a $4,000 figure involved. According to the "sources", that figure was per studio session, which averages about 4 hours per, and that there were to be between 4 and 5 sessions scheduled for voicing.

If that's true, that clocks in around $1,000 / hr for work. Not that shabby. Again, if it's to be believed.

Become a Patron!
Back