be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Review

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

DRP4_h_w_6-1024x683.jpg
Image Courtesy: be quiet!

On our test bench today we have the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 which sits atop be quiet!’s premium series of air coolers. We will strap it to our Air Cooling test platform that features a Ryzen 7 2700X processor to see how it fares against other air coolers that have passed across our bench. Read on to see if it lives up to its brand name!

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 Overview...

Continue reading...

Thanks David for the great review. Wow! Those noise levels are pretty amazing. If I ever feel like I need that extra bit of oomph from my 3700x I think this will be the one I go for.

Wow, that looks like it's a monster!!!!!

Awesome review David!

Hoping the D15 is up for a review in the near future, as that would cover some of the most popular heatsinks in rapid order (212 Evo, Dark Rock Pro, D15).

If the 135mm fan quits working, could it be replaced by a 140mm fan, or is this really a custom fan job that would require a Be Quiet replacement?

20210325_093137.jpg

Not sure there's an extra 5mm to spare in there. The top plate is not removable.

Don't have the D15 lined up, but I can order one. Publishing backlog has two more IceSleet units right now (X6 and X5).

View attachment 961

Not sure there's an extra 5mm to spare in there. The top plate is not removable.

Don't have the D15 lined up, but I can order one. Publishing backlog has two more IceSleet units right now (X6 and X5).
The new Noctua Redux versions are coming (now available?), you might actually be better to review the ones hot off the press, so to speak.

Very nice review. I thought about this cooler, but ultimately decided on the Noctua DH-15S. Though it's large it does the job, which the Dark Rock seems to do as well.

Become a Patron!
Back