BioWare Announces Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Entire Trilogy Optimized for 4K Ultra HD, Coming Spring 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mass-effect-legendary-edition-key-art-1024x576.jpg

As part of today’s N7 Day celebrations (which reunited many of the franchise’s original voice actors), BioWare officially announced Mass Effect Legendary Edition: a remastered compilation of its beloved sci-fi epics.

The package comprises updated versions of Mass Effect (2007), Mass Effect 2 (2010), and Mass Effect 3 (2012), all of which have been optimized for 4K Ultra HD with “super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements.”

“For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
****, I just started playing Mass Effect 2.

on my original post d4mn is censored. ****

"“Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games"

So, the same awful facial animations, not all this unnecessary gender loving, etc., gotcha.

Major pass!

I still have enough nausea today from Andromeda.

So, the same awful facial animations,
Depending on the engine being used, this may be somewhat easily fixable, if they choose to broach the subject.
not all this unnecessary gender loving, etc., gotcha.
This is kind of a core philosophy of the series, and of Bioware's IP, so...
I still have enough nausea today from Andromeda.
I played it through once before the first patch hit, and then another two times immediately after at the two highest difficulty settings. I had exactly one game breaking bug that required rework.

Yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it was plenty fun and plenty Mass Effect, and I still harbor a simmering rage at the media folk that decided that items addressable in a week one patch were more important than the game itself.

So EA is going to make me buy the ME Trilogy AGAIN. Sighs. Lets hope it's priced accordingly.

So EA is going to make me buy the ME Trilogy AGAIN. Sighs. Lets hope it's priced accordingly.
Well the only price I'd find acceptable is free. As I already have all three games with all narrative DLC content. OK, maybe I'd be willing to take a 80% off coupon.

I only played 2 and 3 of the trilogy so I might be tempted if they do a decent job

It depends on how it's done. If they've moved them all to a single engine with the same gameplay mechanics and such (hopefully like ME3) while removing most of the annoyances such as crappy MAKO driving and the horrible inventory system of ME1 then it will be something I'll purchase. I already have all three games and all DLC but if it's priced right I'll snag it all again simply for a better experience of ME1. The first game is my favorite but some of the issues with ME1 make it the most difficult to replay and enjoy. Although I do hope they give the option of listening to the elevator conversations from ME1. Some of those were quite funny.

Would be up for another playthrough of the trilogy. While the ending to ME3 was disappointing, the journey to get there was great.

Like others have said, it'd be cool if they used the gameplay mechanics from the most refined games and spread it across all three games. Really enjoyed ME1, but there's no denying aspects of the game were 'clunky'.

And if they could revise the ending to ME3 - more encompassing and dependent on your choices throughout the series, that change alone would be worth another playthrough.

Can't wait for these to come out and hoping for the best. I've never done a complete playthrough with any of them. I've started each at different points in my life but never got around to it. Really looking forward to the experience.

Can't wait for these to come out and hoping for the best. I've never done a complete playthrough with any of them. I've started each at different points in my life but never got around to it. Really looking forward to the experience.

In your case, you are in for a treat. I hope EA doesn't find a way to fux this up.

As someone who actually made texture mods for the Mass Effect games, I can safely say I've been looking forward to higher resolution textures and a remaster of this game for YEARS.

As someone who actually made texture mods for the Mass Effect games, I can safely say I've been looking forward to higher resolution textures and a remaster of this game for YEARS.
Hopefully they don't pull a Crysis remaster or a NFS HP remaster :LOL: :LOL:

Become a Patron!
Back