Blizzard Entertainment Is Pulling Most of Its Games in China Come 2023 after NetEase License Talks Fall Through

Honestly, I think it would be better if ALL western gaming, film, TV and other entertainment companies lost access to the Chinese market.

They keep chasing the Chinese market, and in so doing create products that are less and less interesting to the west, and in the process also trample on our ideals, like caving to pressure about mentioning Taiwan.

I'd like to go back to the time before Nixon "opened China".

While it seemed pretty spectacular at the time, I think in retrospect it has turned out to be a pretty bad move.

It would ahve been bvetter for the world to keep their authoritarian hellhole **** firewalled off from the rest of the world for all eternity.

And why an agreement is necessary in the first place?

Will Warcraft continue to exist? I thought China was a huge part of their audience?

Why aren't we concerned more with widespread access to other countries movies, games, art, music so on and so forth. We should have an arts and culture department funded in the hundreds of millions mandated to not only make available and accessible (translations, as well as free complete language teaching) all other cultures games, art, movies, music and so on, but to promote learning in a big way.
I don't know why less is expected.

Why aren't we concerned more with widespread access to other countries movies, games, art, music so on and so forth. We should have an arts and culture department funded in the hundreds of millions mandated to not only make available and accessible (translations, as well as free complete language teaching) all other cultures games, art, movies, music and so on, but to promote learning in a big way.
I don't know why less is expected.
I think because cutting off millions if not billions of potential customers that did previously have access is a big deal.

I think because cutting off millions if not billions of potential customers that did previously have access is a big deal.
Think he means the other way around - why aren’t we bringing more foreign stuff to us.

That said, the answer is money. It only gets translated if they think there is a market for it. Most people are only interested if they can relate to it.

Become a Patron!
Back