Blizzard President J. Allen Brack Steps Down to “Pursue New Opportunities”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
j.-allen-brack-blizzard-entertainment-1024x576.jpg
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard Entertainment president J. Allen Brack has decided to step down as the leader behind the popular but increasingly controversial studio behind the iconic WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises. His leave was confirmed in a new blog post published on the official Blizzard site today, which noted that colleagues Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will now steer the Blizzard ship going forward.

Oneal is a former head of Vicarious Visions who joined Blizzard in January as executive vice president of development to support the Diablo and Overwatch games, while Ybarra is an ex-Xbox employee who joined the company in 2019 as the executive vice president and general manager of platform and technology to oversee Battle.net.

A press release from Activision Blizzard states that Brack has left in order to “pursue new opportunities,” but...

Continue reading...

J Allen Brack has no integrity, and that’s the worst thing I can say about anyone.

I expected him to be chopped after the HK debacle, but I see now they were saving it for this issue, which they clearly knew about for years. It was only a matter of time.

Become a Patron!
Back