BMW Shows Off E Ink Car Paint That Changes Color at CES

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
bmw-ix-flow-side-view-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: BMW

BMW debuted a new electric concept car called the iX Flow at CES 2022 that features color-changing panels coated with E Ink. This is the same technology used in ereaders.

Continue reading...

Yeah, this should go down well with vehicle registrations. Maybe the papers can be e-ink too and they change in accordance with the car :D

I'll take the "Free with Ads" model
In eastern europe there was actually a pyramid scheme based on that model. I don't remember the company name, but they'd offer to pay a percentage or even the full monthly instalments for cheaper cars for the ad space. Needless to say the company cut and run after about a year and there were a bunch of naive people who had a car worth €10.000 with €15,000 in loan against it and no way to pay the monthly fee.

So, you can have any color you want, as long as it is black, grey or white...

I wonder what it would take to repair this after a scratch or a collision...

So, you can have any color you want, as long as it is black, grey or white...

I wonder what it would take to repair this after a scratch or a collision...
Oh good lord... good thought.

My car got a scratch on it and now the bottom half of the passenger door won't change color.

LOL imagine how expensive insurance will be on these that covers that once insurers learn of the cost to repair.

Oh you want de car scratch fixed and color change repaired.. Da we can do dat. 4 thousand dollars, and leave it with us for 3 months. Your insurance covers rentals da?

Become a Patron!
Back