BMW Unveils 31-Inch 32:9 8K Car Display at CES

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
bmw-theatre-screen-at-ces-2022-1024x576.jpg
Image: BMW

BMW is elevating the entertainment experience on the road with its new BMW Theatre Screen. Unveiled at CES, the display could be a future option for the BMW 7 series due to their design similarities. It may also be available for some XM crossover models.

The BMW Theatre Screen is a 31.3-inch 8K display with 5G connectivity and a 32:9 aspect ratio. It also supports 16:9 and 21:9 . BMW has partnered with Amazon to include its Fire TV software for 4K streaming.

“The BMW Theatre Screen is our idea of luxury in-car-entertainment of the future. It brings the ultimate digital experience to the back seats of your car, transferring it into a real driving cinema,” said Adrian van Hooydonk (Senior Vice President BMW Group Design)...

Continue reading...

Maybe I am just an old far at this point, but I don't really want to watch movies in my car.

A decent stereo is all I need. I'll be focused on the road. I am not into self driving tech, and I am not a chauffeur. I'm not going to be driving around other people watching movies.

Maybe I am just an old far at this point, but I don't really want to watch movies in my car.

A decent stereo is all I need. I'll be focused on the road. I am not into self driving tech, and I am not a chauffeur. I'm not going to be driving around other people watching movies.
Yeah I hate the touchscreen in the center console, and can only marginally tolerate an animated instrument cluster

Become a Patron!
Back