Brie Larson, Marvel Women "Passionately" Asking Kevin Feige for All-Female Film

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Remember the female team-up scene in Avengers: Endgame? Two or three hours of that might happen. According to Captain Marvel herself, Brie Larson, she (and her fairer Marvel co-stars) have had talks with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige about making an all-female film.

Larson didn't elaborate on his response, but the chief architect of the MCU is reportedly keen on the idea. Supporting that is Scarlett Johansson's upcoming "Black Widow," which could be the first of many female-centric Marvel films.

“I will say that a lot of the female cast members from Marvel walked up to Kevin and we were like, ‘We are in this together, we want to do this,'” Larson explained. “What that means, I have no idea. You know, I’m not in charge of the future of Marvel, but it is something that we’re really passionate about and we love and I feel like if enough people out in the world talk about how much they want it, maybe it’ll happen.”

You don't know what that means Brie? We do.

"Who you gonna call?"
"Marvel Busters"

Yeah, no thanks. I still haven't seen Captain Marvel. This whole girl power thing being crammed down our throats is beyond getting old.

I love strong, bad *** female roles as much as the next guy but only when they're quality roles like Princess Leia, Ripley in Alien or Sara Connor in Terminator... Not this "the force is female" BS were getting literally every other movie.

I wasnt one of the people who got all butt hurt by Captain Marvel but like wtf?
If there was a reason based in story arc then sure but this isnt that. This is just a demand to not have men in it.
Tell me the next time men make the demand in a film.

Femenism has to get a grip you have some good goals but its going over board to a degree. Luckily people are slowly waking up.

Last edited:
I wasnt one of the people who got all but hurt my Captain Marvel but like wtf?
If there was a reason based in story arc then sure but this isnt that. This is just a demand to not have men in it.
Exactly. It feels like they wanna do this specifically just to do it, and specifically just to call attention to this, and not because the universe's story calls for it. I have no problem with an all-female movie, but it has to make sense story-wise. Don't just make an all-female movie just for the sake of making an all-female movie. That's ****ing retarded.

..as stated .. if the story makes sense ..hey! go for it! Charlie's Angels on steroids

..maybe the story could be a segue into the new female iron man that is in the comics

Last edited:
I say do whatever you want, the market(consumers) will decide if it is successful or not. Ghostbusters was a flop, doesn’t mean every other “girl power” movie has to be though.

I say do whatever you want, the market(consumers) will decide if it is successful or not. Ghostbusters was a flop, doesn’t mean every other “girl power” movie has to be though.
Thats a fair point.

Gotta say, Disney are genius at keeping the media busy, you know this movie is at minimum already scripted and funded. They are probably shooting it already. What a bunch of bull.

Disney owns a lot of hot IP .. if they could just wrestle Spider-man out of Sony's hands .. get a female Spider in to join everybody else ... :sneaky:

Disney owns a lot of hot IP .. if they could just wrestle Spider-man out of Sony's hands .. get a female Spider in to join everybody else ... :sneaky:

Wait spider man isn't female? I thought then name was ironic. ;)

Yeah, no thanks. I still haven't seen Captain Marvel. This whole girl power thing being crammed down our throats is beyond getting old.

I love strong, bad *** female roles as much as the next guy but only when they're quality roles like Princess Leia, Ripley in Alien or Sara Connor in Terminator... Not this "the force is female" BS were getting literally every other movie.
To me Captain Marvel was a bad movie.. I fell asleep, and really don't remember it in any case.
Im in for woman whatever.. but there's always something that does bother about this current "movement" .. I think its 2 things, the zero-sum nature of it and the assumption that a man's place in society has been one of 'privilege' 'power' or superior position by just being a man, as opposed to a 'role' .
Zero sum: woman strong, man bubbling idiot.. woman smart, man bubbling idiot...in commercials, man lovable bubbling idiot.. so on.
As far as roles vs assumption of privilege and power, the way I see it when you look at roles you try and see the positive and negative, when you look at a mans role from a perspective of this is the privilege and power you forget the downsides and pressure of said roles.. that can get insulting on occasion. But hey, if woman in society want to go all in doing a mans role, sure why not.. enjoy... Hopefully men will learn and enjoy to be stay at home dads and do everything woman do and suffer from (as men we should be teaching our young men, if I had boys I would). Meanwhile women in their new found "power and privilege " role can enjoy supposedly higher salary, and enjoy the pressure of keeping a job no matter the personal cost, since the husband is stay at home and YOU cannot fail, enjoy your alcoholism, and enjoy the death and injury in jobs... Hey enjoy dying in war, and PTSD... So on.. but sure, woman will exceed at all this, and won't have the same deficiencies men suffer from finding their way in trying filling their men 'power and privilege' roles... You know men role is easy peasy.

Last edited:

You haven't seen it... and you're calling it an example of "girl power thing being crammed down [your] throat"?

I, too, determine everything and make up my mind when I see the cover of a book.

You haven't seen it... and you're calling it an example of "girl power thing being crammed down [your] throat"?

I, too, determine everything and make up my mind when I see the cover of a book.

Yeah because there aren't any reviews online. There aren't 5,000 videos on YouTube commenting on the SJW agenda in this movie. Definitely no articles on websites or blogs discussing it. Nope, nothing like that at all.

Yeah because there aren't any reviews online. There aren't 5,000 videos on YouTube commenting on the SJW agenda in this movie. Definitely no articles on websites or blogs discussing it. Nope, nothing like that at all.
yeah ... but have you seen the movie for yourself to form your own opinion? :unsure:

If everyone goes out and sees every terrible movie then studios won't stop making terrible movies.
Well they'll never stop that because not everything can be great. I agree with viewing yourself before taking everyone's word on it for opinion based media.

Well they'll never stop that because not everything can be great. I agree with viewing yourself before taking everyone's word on it for opinion based media.

Loss of sales has most definitely killed franchises. So, not going to crappy movies does work and if no one ever skips a crappy movie it won't end. As for having to see something or experience something to form an opinion that is also false. I can watch someone else do something and fail and figure out why it won't work from previous accumulated experience. I can see something in a certain genera come out and know from previous experience with that genera it is something I won't be interested in. Let's not be ridiculous here as you guys are. But if we must. Smash your testicles with a hammer. You haven't done it before, why take everyone else's word that it would hurt?

Become a Patron!
Back