Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Latest Patch Allows PC Players to Shave 129 GB off the Game

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-john-price-raid-gear-1024x576.jpg
Image: Infinity Ward

As promised, Infinity Ward has released a new patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that allows PC players to reduce the title’s monstrous, 230+ GB footprint by uninstalling game modes that they have no interest in. According to a post shared on r/pcgaming, a total of 129 GB can be saved if you choose to tick all of the available options, which brings the minimum storage requirement to around 100 GB...

Continue reading...

230 gig download.
I'm in Alaska and depend on phone data for my internet. With throttling after my one day/month of high speed data this is a 7 week download!! ....and the patch is to remove unwanted modules!! after download!!

Meaning most likely they don't share the files among the modules, but make copies for each.

230 gig download.
I'm in Alaska and depend on phone data for my internet. With throttling after my one day/month of high speed data this is a 7 week download!! ....and the patch is to remove unwanted modules!! after download!!
You can also choose what to download, so you don't have to download the whole thing first.

Saved 70Gigs for me, then I downloaded the Cold war beta, and that was 42 Gigs. lol.

I actually like this idea/trend, hope it becomes a trend, have the ability to select what parts of a game you want installed for space/download reasons. If you only do multiplayer, then you don't need the single-player campaign, etc..... I like this idea.

I am glad this is here I just find it funny I am downloading a 40+GB patch in order to delete 120GB or so of data.

I actually like this idea/trend, hope it becomes a trend, have the ability to select what parts of a game you want installed for space/download reasons. If you only do multiplayer, then you don't need the single-player campaign, etc..... I like this idea.
Except you can't uninstall Warzone, the part that is taking up the most space.

Seems odd to me that you can't uninstall warzone. Considering Warzone is free to play and can be installed on it's own.

Seems odd to me that you can't uninstall warzone. Considering Warzone is free to play and can be installed on it's own.
They came up with a BS excuse that the entire game now depends on assets in Warzone. I can understand sharing some things, but 120GB worth?

Become a Patron!
Back