Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Players Are Advised to Avoid Updating to the Latest NVIDIA 526.47 Driver

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 526.47 WHQL Driver was released on October 27 and players have reported crashing issues as well as the game consistently asking to verify and re-download up to 33 files before they can restart it.

See full article...

Been using the new drives from the get go with the game. Had some crashes at the beginning, but all seems fine now.

Been using the new drives from the get go with the game. Had some crashes at the beginning, but all seems fine now.
Yeah, when I was reading up on this one the reports were kind of all over the map. I sort of got the impression that yes there are driver issues but also QA issues on Beenox's side. I really don't know if that's true but that's what it seemed like due to the diversity of the reports of different kinds of crashing.

Getting some crashing here, on the latest driver. Most of my pain is trying to play CoD as a Battlefield player though.

Getting some crashing here, on the latest driver. Most of my pain is trying to play CoD as a Battlefield player though.
The previous driver version 522.25 fixed the crashing issue, available on Nvidia's site here:

Had a few crashes in single player so backwards I go with the driver.
Yeah, and what I read is that it's still not a cure-all but it at least reduces them.

On the flip side, the RE Village DLC came out last week and I got it. I'd heard a few weeks back that Capcom had released an update/patch for Village that was causing crashes. Meanwhile, I barely could make it more than 10 minutes without one on either rig. I said screw it and I'll wait for an update and meanwhile, went back to CP 2077.

Yeah, and what I read is that it's still not a cure-all but it at least reduces them.
I'm down to one so far playing the campaign (I'll probably not touch multiplayer).

Loading from save points repeatedly does seem to reduce stability over time.

Become a Patron!
Back