Case with removable MB tray?

MadMummy76

Quasi-regular
I'm looking for a case with a removable MB tray, are there still any of those?
I've had one about 20 years ago, I don't know if that's still a thing.

What I mean is where the entire MB tray can be slid out with the io shield and installed add-on cards still attached.

I want to do a custom case build, and it would be easier to get a MB tray than to build one from scratch. Or maybe I just get the cheapest case and go at it with an angle grinder?

Space_Ranger

Quasi-regular
I used to have a Lian Li case that had a MB tray, but it was an ugly case none the less. No clue if they still make one, but a quick search didn't result anything :(

MadMummy76

Quasi-regular
Unfortunately I'm in the EU, so none of these US based sellers work for me. Just out of curiosity I've checked mountainmods, and they'd charge $80 for economy shipping, which would bring the total cost to $140 that I additionally have to pay duty and taxes after. Which would bring the final cost to almost $200 :unsure:

Auer

Quasi-regular
Unfortunately I'm in the EU, so none of these US based sellers work for me. Just out of curiosity I've checked mountainmods, and they'd charge $80 for economy shipping, which would bring the total cost to $140 that I additionally have to pay duty and taxes after. Which would bring the final cost to almost $200 :unsure:
Maybe its time for you to buy some tools :)
Cheap bandsaw and set of hole saws can do a lot!

LeRoy_Blanchard

Skillz
Staff member
Try looking for open air mining racks or open bench pc cases. Some are pretty pricey, but I bought an open air mining rack with a slide out motherboard tray for like $30 on eBay or whatever local retailer you have.

MadMummy76

Quasi-regular
This is my third or fourth time through this thread. And I'm just here to say this: take pictures!
I have nothing to take pictures of yet. I don't even have a concrete idea on what I want to do. Down to the point that I'm not even sure what material I'd use if I'd actually do it.

Become a Patron!