CD Projekt Red Says The Witcher 3.5 Would be ‘Easy – But Lazy’

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
“We want to push the bar higher with every single game release. It’s not about getting The Witcher 3.5 out there which would be fairly easy – of course it’s very difficult. Using the same engine, telling the same stories; the technology is established. And making a quick dollar. But that’s not [what we do].”

I can respect the decision but I don't think I've ever played a game where I wanted to see more content as much as this one.

I wonder how the upcoming Netflix show will fair .. I'll watch it with an Xbox controller in hand and "play" the show.

A lot of people have voiced how cool it would be to play stories of Ciri, Eskel, or Lambert, but becoming an old man I'd like to see a game for Vesemir. There's a ton of content that could easily be covered for him with leading into when the 'kids' start showing up at the end.

I wonder how the upcoming Netflix show will fair .. I'll watch it with an Xbox controller in hand and "play" the show.

It's taken decades but I've gotten pretty used to the rewrites, re-casts, reinterpretations of books and comic books but I'm still not sure how I'll like this. Ironically the games are well known to have their own universe separate from the books but that's the universe I know and love. For me netflix is always a 50/50 thing so we'll see. As someone told me elsewhere, it can't be any worse than the polish t.v. show.

At the moment CDPR are only concentrating on cyberpunk 2077 which is releasing in about two months time.

At the moment CDPR are only concentrating on cyberpunk 2077 which is releasing in about two months time.
Mostly true. Over the years CDPR has explained they try to keep enough staff on hand for multiple projects. The upcoming next-gen console-port of The Witcher is an example but they have already gone on record as saying something else is already in the works after that.

Become a Patron!
Back