Check Out Intel’s New Core Processor Logos

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-logo-blue-glitter-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

How do you distract the world from the fact that your processor division is floundering? By updating your corporate identity and product lines with new logos, of course! According to new filings spotted at the US Patent and Trademark Office (via @momomo_us), Intel is prepping new badges for both the company and its Core processor lineup.

One of the new logos is for a mysterious “Evo” product. We’re not sure what that is (aside from the fact that it’s a CPU of some kind powered by Core technology), but the popular theory is that this could be Alder Lake – Intel’s Tiger Lake successor, which leverages a big core-little core design. These will supposedly hit the market in the second half of 2021...

Continue reading...

Ah, yes, the modern trend of dumbing everything down. When I see these designs that are supposedly supposed to be "sleek" and "modern" I cannot get rid of the thought that their marketing department is just lazy, and being paid too little or too much.

Prefer the older ones, but the new ones aren't bad.

Their naming scheme needed an update before their logos did.. And I agree, not a big fan of "modern" logos. Looks like grey scale, two minute jobs to me.

Ah, yes, the modern trend of dumbing everything down. When I see these designs that are supposedly supposed to be "sleek" and "modern" I cannot get rid of the thought that their marketing department is just lazy, and being paid too little or too much.

Agree with this one too. I especially hate it when user interfaces are dumbed down with too much dead space, which appears to be the trend these days.

Their naming scheme needed an update before their logos did.. And I agree, not a big fan of "modern" logos. Looks like grey scale, two minute jobs to me.

Definitely.

Would be nice if they could go back to a descriptive naming scheme. You know, something foprmulaic that includes the generation, core-count, clock, plus a laetter for important features, like hyperthreading.

I hate how I have to keep going to Wikipedia just to figure out the specs of Intel's CPU's, when it should be more apparent just from the name.

It should be those circular arrows the top one says "same" the bottom one says "crap" that would be way more accurate.

Agreed. The naming structure of Intel's CPU's is terrible.
AMD isn't any better. Retailers still commit the sin of simply referring to processors as "i5" or "R7" without the model number, and that is the worst.

The top row is simply a "goggle-ized" logo.
The rest doesn't help anybody figure out what their buying, needing or wanting....sigh.

AMD isn't any better. Retailers still commit the sin of simply referring to processors as "i5" or "R7" without the model number, and that is the worst.

AMD's naming would be better if it weren't for the fact that AMD likes to name the APU equipped CPU's from the previous generation with a higher model number range, matching the newer CPU's. The Ryzen 5 3400G is an example of this. It's name indicates that its a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, but in reality, it's a Zen+ CPU from the previous generation.

Become a Patron!
Back