Chinese Manufacturer PowerLeader PowerStar P3-01105 CPU Is Actually a Rebranded Intel Comet Lake Processor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Chinese manufacturer, PowerLeader, unveiled its PowerStar P3-01105 a couple of weeks back and its similarity to another CPU was immediately recognized. It didn't take long for speculation to spark that the newly announced x86 processor might actually be another in disguise and now, Geekbench scores (via Wccftech) have confirmed it. The PowerStar P3-01105 is a 4-core/8-thread processor with a 3.7 GHz base clock and 4.4 GHz boost. As four-core processors go, not a bad design. It turns out it is actually an Intel Core i3-10105 processor that has been rebranded.

The 10th Gen CPU is clearly identified in the benchmark scores. The PowerStar P3-01105 is being used in the company's DP1UI-2 workstation which is being marketed for general computing, government, education, energy, gaming, industry, finance, and retail. PowerLeader has said that it plans to sell 1.5 million units but details of any deal with Intel were not revealed. It is not expected to offer the CPU in retail/DIY markets. According to its website, Chinese manufacturer PowerLeader was founded in 1999 and manufactures a wide range of hardware including server equipment, PCs, and PC hardware.

See full article...

Change the i to a P, and switch the first two numbers around ... and there you have it ... a new processor and no one will know the difference.

Interesting thing is, how this happens with the sanctions and all that.

This is me surprised

im-not-even-surprised-preacher-lawson.gif

Become a Patron!
Back