Christopher Nolan Reportedly Cutting Ties with Warner Bros. over HBO Max Drama

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
christopher-nolan-john-david-washington-tenet-set-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Christopher Nolan has kept a close relationship with Warner Bros. ever since the studio entrusted the acclaimed director to tackle psychological thriller Insomnia back in 2002, but due to recent controversies, their lucrative collaborations are likely coming to an end. This is according to sources with The Wall Street Journal (via The Playlist), which published a report today claiming that the Batman Begins and Memento filmmaker would be looking at a different studio for his next project based on Warner’s decision to embrace the streaming model and release its 2021 blockbusters straight to HBO Max.

“After...

Continue reading...

I remember when Peter Jackson thought that he was also bigger than brand.

Now, he has failed to doing only documentaries

He can eat a pile of d. We need fun movies interspersed with thought pieces. Not really his stuff.

Bye bye.

I never liked any of his stupid movies anyway even the "good" ones.

It took Tenet 18 weeks to make $363 million worldwide. It could have at least doubled that had they put it on streaming platforms. In all honesty when I watched the movie again at home after it released on UHD BR I didn't feel like I really lost any of the experience of the film, though it was fun seeing it in IMAX. Directors like Nolan who say they are resisting streaming for the art form are extremely misguided, narcissistic, or both.

It took Tenet 18 weeks to make $363 million worldwide. It could have at least doubled that had they put it on streaming platforms. In all honesty when I watched the movie again at home after it released on UHD BR I didn't feel like I really lost any of the experience of the film, though it was fun seeing it in IMAX. Directors like Nolan who say they are resisting streaming for the art form are extremely misguided, narcissistic, or both.
Also there are those who think 24 fps makes movies "art". F Good stories, meaning, and acting makes it art, not what on and how you watch it.

Bye bye.

I never liked any of his stupid movies anyway even the "good" ones.

I couldn't agree more. Even the Batman Begins trilogy isn't that great if you ask me. I liked the fist and second ones for the most part though I do have issues with aspects of the film and the casting of Christian Bale. I thought the third installment was the second worst Batman film of all time coming in second to Batman & Robin.

I didn't have a problem with Bale, but the only new batman movie that didn't suck was the Dark Knight. No that wasn't great either by any measure of the word, but at least it was OK. Second one was forgettable, the third bad as you said.

I didn't have a problem with Bale, but the only new batman movie that didn't suck was the Dark Knight. No that wasn't great either by any measure of the word, but at least it was OK. Second one was forgettable, the third bad as you said.

Dark knight was the 2nd one. The first 2 were decent, Dark Knight Rises (3rd) was bad. "Hey I know, let's put a mask on our main villian, so no one can understand WTF he is saying through the whole movie!" OTOH maybe he was just ahead of the times (covid).

Dark knight was the 2nd one. The first 2 were decent, Dark Knight Rises (3rd) was bad. "Hey I know, let's put a mask on our main villian, so no one can understand WTF he is saying through the whole movie!" OTOH maybe he was just ahead of the times (covid).
Well that's part of the problem, churning out copies and derivatives on an assembly line, of course I can't even tell them apart, but I meant the first movie was OK.

Become a Patron!
Back