Class-Action Lawsuit Brewing for Samsung Odyssey G7 Monitors (G-SYNC Flickering)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
samsung-odyssey-g7-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: Samsung

Those of you who are seeking a new monitor may want to scratch Samsung’s recently launched Odyssey G7 monitors off your list. While the displays have made a big splash thanks to their futuristic design, 240 Hz refresh rate, and 1000R curvature, an investigation spearheaded by Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP (via r/Monitors) suggests that they are defective. More specifically, users claim that Samsung’s Odyssey G7 monitors flicker when G-SYNC is enabled.

We’re not sure if anything has been filed in court yet...

Continue reading...

Using the 32-inch right now in fact with Titan RTX -- The only way have been able to get mine to flicker was to go into nVidia control panel and drop down 10 bit to 8 bit color and turn off HDR, you can get it to flicker until do reboot. Its simply the best monitor I've ever used -- 240Hz 1440P and the curve is awesome.

Using the 32-inch right now in fact with Titan RTX -- The only way have been able to get mine to flicker was to go into nVidia control panel and drop down 10 bit to 8 bit color and turn off HDR, you can get it to flicker until do reboot. Its simply the best monitor I've ever used -- 240Hz 1440P and the curve is awesome.
Sounds like a classic case of PEBKAC.

I have the previous monitor(120 Hz, higher nits) that was Free-sync, not G-Sync, compatible. Was never really able to get it work flicker free in G-Sync but CP did see it, and state it wasn't certified, but it is, as stated, the previous model. However, I love mine as well. It's been great and Ireally love the HDR1000 rating. Our living room gets execptionally bright at times and this thing does great with that. Colors are amazing too! Definitely the best I've ever seen with a VA panel.

Having said all that, it sounds like there's some consistency between the two models, despite their differences, in knowing how to tweak them or take full adavantage of all features. They're not exactly a plug-n-play experience for all uses.

Become a Patron!
Back