Console Manufacturers Sony, Xbox, and Nintendo Are Not Expected to Attend E3 2023

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
According to an IGN exclusive, the world's leading console manufacturers are said to not be attending this year's in-person E3 event. It has been claimed that "the information flow hasn't been great", said an IGN source, which confirmed with other sources.

See full article...

E3 is useless these days, has been for years, but I kinda miss the old days of the original E3. Industry events like that were a lot more useful when we didn't have easy access to gaming news on the Internet. Back in the days when magazines still ruled supreme, and we had to get most of our news on a monthly basis. Plus such events were closed off to general public anyways. Companies got tired of spending all that money on showroom floor space and booths just to advertise and build hype for products that can now easily be shown off via Internet-based methods. Like now we have HD video easily available online, and can get a much better idea of what games are like. I don't have to look at tiny screenshots in a magazine and try to imagine what a game I've never seen before looks like in motion. Of course back then we also had demo kiosks in stores, and demos discs delivered by mail, but digital delivery of demos solved that issue (well until demos all but died out - that's okay, there are always demos available at the "community library"). Internet just kinda took care of everything. But back in the days when E3 was a big deal, it really seemed like something special, and every year we couldn't wait to see what would be revealed. That and other shows too like Space World and TGS. It's funny, in the very early years of PAX, it seemed like that would become the replacement for stuff like E3.

Become a Patron!
Back