Cooler Master HAF 700 Black Case Review

LazyGamer

FPS Junkie
Introduction Introducing the Cooler Master HAF 700 mid-tower EATX case, billed as ‘the Berserker’, Cooler Master’s follow-up to the upmarket HAF 700 EVO and slightly less oversized HAF 500 cases released earlier this year. At an MSRP of US$299, Cooler Master has positioned the HAF 700 (H700-IGNN0-S00) squarely at those interested in running systems with […]

Go to post

It looks like my View 51 TG. I think that's a format a lot of companies are switching to.

It looks like my View 51 TG. I think that's a format a lot of companies are switching to.
Yup - ASUS' new case is dual-chamber, and looks a lot like Lian Li's O11 lineup as well. Works if you're not terribly worried about footprint!

Nice review. I enjoy a large case to work in like my 7000D, so this gets my attention. It's nice to see CM offer something similar to the HAF 700 EVO, but with a much cheaper price tag. I looked at the C700M a year or so ago, but what turned me off of CM and that case was all the negative reviews for build quality and/or quirks. Even the HAF 700 EVO basically gets those same reviews based on some searches I've done. It's nice to see that this case is built well, so maybe CM has stepped up their game a little recently.

Nice review. I enjoy a large case to work in like my 7000D, so this gets my attention. It's nice to see CM offer something similar to the HAF 700 EVO, but with a much cheaper price tag. I looked at the C700M a year or so ago, but what turned me off of CM and that case was all the negative reviews for build quality and/or quirks. Even the HAF 700 EVO basically gets those same reviews based on some searches I've done. It's nice to see that this case is built well, so maybe CM has stepped up their game a little recently.
We didn't get a chance to review the HAF 700 EVO - and from what I can tell, the HAF 700 seems to be a 'de-tech'd' version of that case.

However, Cooler Master could easily have given the design a onceover to address criticisms. For my part, the HAF 700 had no issues with build quality, and no quirks that stood out negatively, other than the size, obviously :).

Thanks, @LazyGamer for the great review. I'm not going to be jumping ship from my Carbide but something like this might be on the horizon for the next build. I like how you can put 2x360 mm radiators side-by-side. That's a detail now on my radar with the latest build.

Become a Patron!
Back