Cooler Master XG PLUS 850 Platinum 850W Power Supply Review

Paul_Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
Cooler Master XG PLUS 850 Platinum Cooler Master Co. LTD. is a company that is well known for producing enthusiast computer cases and has been in business for almost 25 years. In addition to cases, Cooler Master has product lines for CPU and GPU heatsinks, case fans, various accessories, and power supplies. Cooler Master’s entry into the power supply market has been rather mixed with some good products and some that could use improvement. Today, we are reviewing one of Cooler Master’s mid-range (capacity-wise) units targeted specifically at gamers the Cooler Master XG PLUS 850 Platinum (MPG-8501-AFBAP-X) which appears to be […]

See full article...

Shouldn't it actually be called the Colormaster? Just sayin' based on the box images.

I'm personally very glad to see more platnium and up power supplies being reviewed here. The vast quantity of 80plus gold PS's being used for high power situations is wasteful in my opinion and harder on your home solutions than it is worth.

Platinum or higher rated PS's especially in the 1kplus arena are giving you more life out of your UPS, your Power outlets, and your breakers in your home. And many of them helps improve impact on the grid at large too.

I'm still not sold that the ratings are all that meaningful.

I mean - yeah, taken at face value - they totally are. But I guess I doubt that many actually live up to their rating.

I'm still not sold that the ratings are all that meaningful.

I mean - yeah, taken at face value - they totally are. But I guess I doubt that many actually live up to their rating.
Which is why we have reviews and testing. Sites like the FPS review and others that actually put power supplies and other products through their paces to make sure they equal or exceed what the published ratings say. And not just with golden samples sent to them.

Become a Patron!
Back