Corsair Issues Recall for SF Series PSUs, Which May Fail from High Temperatures and Humidity

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
corsair-sf750-power-supply-1024x576.jpg
Image: Corsair

If you own one of Corsair’s SF Series power supplies, you may want to think about getting it replaced. According to a post on the company’s official forum, PSUs belonging to lot codes 194448xx to 201148xx (and with a manufacturing date between October 2019 and March 2020) could be susceptible to failure when exposed to a combination of high temperatures and humidity.

“This problem can be apparent as soon as the unit is powered on for the first time, or manifest over time as the unit is exposed to a range of environmental conditions,” wrote Corsair. “We want to reassure customers that impacted units in no way risk damage to the components and hardware connected to your SF series PSU. This fault can occur only on the primary side of the PSU and is entirely isolated from the DC side of the PSU’s...

Continue reading...

Thank for the heads up, didn't even know there was an issue. Not gonna be fun replacing two psu though.

Last edited:
Interesting read, looks like the issue is just a bad batch of insulator pads.

Blah, my SF750 fell under their recall. I've used Corsair RMA before and it's been painless, however, I'm expecting this one will be lengthy due to coronavirus.

Fortunately, my SF750 was just sitting in its box until I had the other components ready to go for my next build, so no downtime for Seymour!

Actually, Jeremy (Oklahoma Wolf) wrote the review, not me.

All Corsair SF Series are manufactured by Great Wall.

Become a Patron!
Back