Crucial Competitively Prices BX500 SSD Line

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Crucial-1-1024x576.jpg

I imagine as we get closer to both black Friday, and the holidays, we’ll see more of these deals start popping up but it’s a good idea to start planning early if you’re in the market for upgrades. Credit to Guru3d for spotting this.

Not quite at the $200 mark, but very close at $214.99, Crucial has placed their 2TB 3D NAND SATA SSD drive competitively in the SSD storage market. The BX500 is their more affordably place line of 3d NAND offerings.

With games continually increasing in size, some are now averaging 80-150 GB, bigger and faster storage is becoming a must for those wanting decreased load times. On a tighter budget or perhaps only keep a few games installed then the 1TB models are priced at $114.99.

Some Specs:
  • SATA 6.0 Gb/s 540 MB/s Read, 500 MB/s Write
  • 2.5-inch internal form factor
  • Includes Acronis True Image Software
  • 3-Year Limited Warranty

I have had a good experience with my Crucial 2 TB ssd. Been using it for games and storage.

Nice to see pricing coming down. I'm still using a 640 GB Black HDD for my games drive and have been itching to replace it with a SSD, but it's not exactly full and I am okay to wait for the right price or drive. I also have a Micro Center nearby, and their Inland Pro 1TB is regularly under $100; wonder when they will have a 2 TB available? Probably not the best, but better than my mechanical drive.

I’ve been using the 128gb units at work for Windows 10 upgrades. At $20 a pop they are a decent reliable Drive..

Become a Patron!
Back