Crytek Engineer Claims PS5 Beats Xbox Series X In Every Way, but Retracts Statements Due to “Personal Reasons”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-5-logo-blue-swirl-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

The original article and tweets have been buried, but earlier today, Persian gaming site Vigiato published an interview with Crytek engineer Ali Salehi, who had quite a bit of positive things to say about the PlayStation 5. According to Salehi, PS5 is a way better console than Microsoft’s Xbox Series X for numerous reasons, which range from ease of programming to superior loading times. (ResetEra and Tom’s Guide has archived some of his insinuations.)

While the Xbox Series X is packing some serious hardware muscle, Salehi suggests that its performance won’t be fully realized due to missteps in its configuration...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about the hardware, it's all about the games.

Be good to your customers, be nice to the Dev's, and you win. I don't think you need to make it any more complicated than that.

Considering Sony's reputation for optimization with their exclusives I could see how this might be true. By the rumored specs the Xbox would seem to have some faster, more powerful hardware specs, but that doesn't mean the games are coded as well.

Well, if you think about it - doesn't the current generation -- Xb1X vs PS4Pro - have an even bigger delta between hardware specs (on a % basis) than the new PS5 vs XB?

Current Gen is 6 TF vs 4.2 ... which check my math, but is something like a 35% delta in favor of Microsoft.
Next Gen is 12 TF vs 10.3, which, using the same math, is only like 15%.

MS hasn't exactly run away with the prize, or even really made up any lost ground, with the current gen despite having a massive lead in horsepower.

Time will tell, price, availability, bugs or lack thereof, games and then actual performance, networking/OS. So many variables plus once the developers get use to the platform I would expect any additional requirements for programming would become second nature.

pretty much. it's all speculation. the hardware is nearly identical and having a 10gb/6gb split hardly seems like a big deal... game developers already manage system ram and vram for pc. The other arguement about DX12 being more complicated probably doesn't matter either as pc and xbox one already use dx12. Switching games in a few less seconds is probably not that important to gamers either... If one party is $100 cheaper, has better games, less bugs, better controllers, etc, I think that's more likely to win customers this time around.

Become a Patron!
Back