Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 Source Code on Sale for $7 Million After CD PROJEKT RED Refuses Hackers’ Ransom Demands

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED’s ransomed data, which includes source code for various games and internal corporate documents, has already begun making its way online. The report comes from Eurogamer, which referenced a series of tweets from vx-underground noting that the complete source code of the Gwent card game has been leaked. Furthermore, source files for Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3, and Thronebreaker are being auctioned on a particular forum at a starting bid of $1,000. The leaker has also added the option of purchasing the files immediately for $7 million.

“We will not give in to the demands nor negotiate with the actor, being aware...

Continue reading...

Just post it for free on reddit already...
They don't want to, they are not robin hood, they are scumbags wanting a payday. I just don't know who are they expecting to pay for stolen data?

They don't want to, they are not robin hood, they are scumbags wanting a payday. I just don't know who are they expecting to pay for stolen data?
I think they are expecting CDPR to...

I think they are expecting CDPR to...
They made it clear they are not going to. That's why the scumbags are forced to offer it up for sale in the first place. They pwned themselves, because they are not getting a payday out of it.

Is no one else going to comment on the username of the person who supplied the images for the tweet above?

My God.

That's hilarious, Here we want to charge 7 MILLION dollars for this so others can use the code that is probably protected under many layers in multiple nations. That's just awesome good job guys.

Yeah, that data is less than worthless, its radioactive.

You know who's gonna get paid. Cdpr's lawyers if anyone tries to use protected ip (code) thst cdpr wrote.

Now game modders I'm sure would love to see this.

Become a Patron!
Back