Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Until December 10

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

In an unexpected surprise, CD PROJEKT RED announced this afternoon that its highly anticipated sci-fi RPG, Cyberpunk 2077, has been pushed back until December 10. This marks the third delay for the title (the game was initially delayed to September 17, and then to November 19).

According to a letter shared by CD PROJEKT RED’s Adam Badowski (head of studio) and Marcin Iwiński (co-founder), the delay has to do with the struggle of releasing Cyberpunk 2077 on multiple platforms. The team has to ensure that the game works beautifully on not only the PC, but two console generations as well.

Badowski and Iwiński pointed out that while the game technically went...

Continue reading...

Good, still not buying it untill I get a RTX 3xxx series card so now I have more time.

Good, still not buying it untill I get a RTX 3xxx series card so now I have more time.
That's selfish. Just because you don't want to play it yet, others might. So this is definitely not good. I already arranged to get 2 days off after release.

I almost took time off for this. Seems like so many things keep getting thrown up in the air anymore I'm just taking it as it comes anymore. Fingers crossed they can at least finally keep this date with the holidays right after I might have a few days to play then, and who knows, maybe I'll have my 3090 by then too.

Is the game really worth all the hype?
No, it's way overhyped IMO. But I still want to play it like there's no tomorrow.

The delay (third?) is total bs, but honestly... I'm probably the only one that actually benefits from it. My November work load sucks and I wouldn't have any time to play it anyway... but December? I hardly do anything... so this is good :)

The problem is they are trying to fine tune it for 6+ different systems at the same time. I think maybe I would release the PC version first if that one is done, then work on the others. But what do I know, I don't work for a game developer.

And yeah this will all be part of some 3TB 0 day patch

The problem is they are trying to fine tune it for 6+ different systems at the same time. I think maybe I would release the PC version first if that one is done, then work on the others. But what do I know, I don't work for a game developer.

And yeah this will all be part of some 3TB 0 day patch

I tought that the next gen console version would be released later, maybe they got a nice check from Sony or MS to incorporate it still as they lack launch titles, they are all glorified Pc's anyways, ofc MS with their 2 next gen consoles is making it harder on devs.

Is the game really worth all the hype?

We have no idea. None of us have played it. We can only speculate based on game play footage and what CD Projekt Red has shown us. On that front, it looks like a great game, but we can't be certain of that until it actually releases.

So much for the game going gold. Not that "going gold" means much these days, but still. Don't say your game has gone gold when it's clearly not done. CDPR bit off more than they could chew. They should have released on PC first. And then they're not even gonna roll the day zero patch into the launch build.

So much for the game going gold. Not that "going gold" means much these days, but still. Don't say your game has gone gold when it's clearly not done. CDPR bit off more than they could chew. They should have released on PC first. And then they're not even gonna roll the day zero patch into the launch build.

Yeah I agree, they should have shipped it on something first. But I can also see why they wouldn't necessarily want to do that.

There's nothing I love more than downloading Day 0 patches on my slow boat internet.

I’m going to assume January 2021 this time so I dont get potentially disappointed. Glad they are taking their time though.

Bah........"its done when its done"
Ill see your 10 December and raise you a 14 February.
But taking time off work based on a video game?
Thats some crazy talk, right there.
Yikes.....how do you put that on a request? Now get off my lawn!

Bah........"its done when its done"
Ill see your 10 December and raise you a 14 February.
But taking time off work based on a video game?
Thats some crazy talk, right there.
Yikes.....how do you put that on a request? Now get off my lawn!

Its easy. Hey boss you know how I have to use all my vacation time.. inwant these days or this week off. Ok thanks. Its not difficult.

I’m going to assume January 2021 this time so I dont get potentially disappointed. Glad they are taking their time though.
Scrambling and pushing the release date a few weeks at a time is not exactly taking their time. It's more like headless chicken tactic. What's really revealing about the announcement is not that they pushed the date 3 weeks. It's what they said about "going gold". Since they described going beta, which for a project this size should happen about a year before you get a polished product. So 3 weeks won't make any difference whatsoever.

Become a Patron!
Back