Cyberpunk 2077 Game of the Year Edition Launches in 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a definitive release in the form of a Game of the Year Edition, according to CD PROJEKT President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński, who spoke at a recent investor meeting in Warsaw and revealed his company's plans for a new version of the sci-fi RPG.

See full article...

These releases should be named more honestly, like: 'we finally finished it edition' or ' for real, its finished edition' or ' we mean it this time edition'
I agree and was thinking the same. I'm almost 100 hours in with grinding away everything I have patience for (unlikely to finish all those NCPD missions but I've knocked out about half), before the final mission now. It's been a fun ride.

I agree and was thinking the same. I'm almost 100 hours in with grinding away everything I have patience for (unlikely to finish all those NCPD missions but I've knocked out about half), before the final mission now. It's been a fun ride.
I have heard more bad than good about this game. I tried it when it first came out, but it was in a buggy state which seems to have gotten better, but not all the way fixed yet. I got a refund and haven't looked to get back into it again.

I have heard more bad than good about this game. I tried it when it first came out, but it was in a buggy state which seems to have gotten better, but not all the way fixed yet. I got a refund and haven't looked to get back into it again.
It's never going to be what some people imagined or bug free, but it has been good enough to play trough without much issues for a long time now.

I will probably do another more complete playtrough after the DLC drops but I don't regret playing trough the game after the first major patch.

I do admit that in games like this the addition of police that come while criminal stuff is going on is not something I care for and as such I don't give a rats *** as to how broken or funky this part of the gaze is as I try to avoid it as much as possible.

In its current state, I'd say the bugs are no worse than most AAA games, years after their release. Most have been fixed and while there are still some annoying ones they're not game-breaking (at least it didn't happen for me). In terms of the game itself, after I finally dug into it I could see how they used the same formula for The Witcher 3 and applied it to a future-type environment. Once I got dug into it I did find the game to be very immersive but as many reviews also say, the closer you get to the end of the game and complete everything the more empty the world feels. To be fair though, this is true of most RPGs. I experienced the same with The Witcher 3, Spider-Man Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, and others that I can't remember right now.

In its current state, I'd say the bugs are no worse than most AAA games, years after their release. Most have been fixed and while there are still some annoying ones they're not game-breaking (at least it didn't happen for me).
I played the game originally when it came out, and honestly it doesn't seem any better now. If anything it was worse for me as I encountered bugs now that I did not back then. Bugs that are more game breaking than anything I've seen in 2020. It was so bad that it made me abandon my attempt to get back into the game. The hud would just disappear and the inventory would come up with its sides cut off, completely useless. The latter did occur in 2020, but it was a momentary hickup that would go away by reopening the menu, not in 2022. I'm glad I did not wait for patches and played it then, because there were many changes that aren't necesserily positives for me, like balance changes, nerfing, and graphics downgrades.
In terms of the game itself, after I finally dug into it I could see how they used the same formula for The Witcher 3 and applied it to a future-type environment. Once I got dug into it I did find the game to be very immersive but as many reviews also say, the closer you get to the end of the game and complete everything the more empty the world feels. To be fair though, this is true of most RPGs. I experienced the same with The Witcher 3, Spider-Man Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, and others that I can't remember right now.
I think the game world feels no more empty at the end than at the beginning. There are just too few explorable buildings and areas, and even the explorable ones are limited to a few rooms that play a part in missions. Basically the game must be played as a linear story driven experience and not as an open world title. There is just nothing to do outside of story missions. And the activites are fun for a moment, but completely meaningless.

I really liked the atmoshpere of the game and the graphics, but it is not the definitive cyberpunk gta we were expecting. The game would've worked better if it was built like DeusEx without the open world, and it would probably be much less buggy too.

Basically the game must be played as a linear story driven experience and not as an open world title. There is just nothing to do outside of story missions. And the activites are fun for a moment, but completely meaningless.
To me it was the same as The Witcher 3 in that yes, there is a primary linear story, but I do somewhat disagree about the side missions. I put major effort into pacing the main story while trying to complete every single side mission before a perceived stage progression (some side missions only became available as the story progressed). The side missions are what also open up a ton of explorable areas in the game as those same areas are either locked or void of anything meaningful until the related side mission is engaged. As I went on the side missions did intertwine a bit with each other and the main. The additions were small but there. One could ignore them and just focus on the main but I chose to attempt to do the opposite and experienced what seemed like a larger world, until the end.

I guess I got lucky with the bugs. I mostly played it at 4K, a little UW 1080P, and UW 1440P, and the main issues were with vehicles and people disappearing or popping out but nothing like what I heard about at launch.

Become a Patron!
Back