Cyberpunk 2077 One-Click Optimizer Tool Claims to Boost Performance By as Much as 30 FPS

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Computer programmer CodeZ1LLa has released a free one-click optimization tool for Cyberpunk 2077 that can supposedly improve the game’s performance by as much as 30 FPS on lower-end PCs by tweaking hidden developer options and applying several fixes.

While we can’t guarantee the safety of this program (VirusTotal says it’s clean…), those of you who are desperate for a smoother experience in Night City can give it a shot by downloading the executable here and running it in the root directory of your Cyberpunk 2077 installation.

The Cyberpunk 2077 EZ Optimizer comprises...

Continue reading...

Yea... interesting but it's just auto setting stuff users could do. I don't see the big deal I guess.

There are going to be some cases where people will be able to disable things that might not have a whole lot of visual impact, but tank performance pretty badly. This mod or whatever might very well do some of that, but its probably stuff that really only helps people with lower end GPU's from the sound of it. It probably wouldn't do anything on an RTX 2080 Ti or any of the higher end 30 series cards. And the article the post links to seems to give off that impression the way I read it.

I mean, just list the optimized changes that an end user can make themselves? Wrapping up in an EXE with who knows what other intents.... nah man.

How to Play Cyberpunk 2077 on Integrated or Low-End Graphics
Tweak some secret settings and you even play Cyberpunk 2077 on an APU in your Laptop

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/play-cyberpunk-2077-integrated-graphics

I ran my test on an Athlon 3000G APU, a dual-core CPU with integrated Vega 3 graphics that is way under what is logical to run a game like this and therefore a useful test case.

On a custom CAS value of 40% of 1080p on regular low settings, the game struggles to maintain 20 FPS in an open area of the city.

With all the changes applied, this climbs to a shaky 30 FPS, which is a tremendous improvement, even if the illumination glitches make the game difficult to play.

Interestingly enough even in combat, the game managed to keep things around 22 FPS which is significantly more than I expected from this little APU.

How to Play Cyberpunk 2077 on Integrated or Low-End Graphics
Tweak some secret settings and you even play Cyberpunk 2077 on an APU in your Laptop

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/play-cyberpunk-2077-integrated-graphics

Yeah, from what I read GTX 1070, or 1060, is the sweet spot for this thing. Otherwise, anything less will still see improvement, and glad to read about your experience with it. I don't think it's a bad thing and something that CDPR should also be looking at in order to improve upon for the same lesser hardware. Most people just don't seem to understand what it takes to optimize such a game for so many different hardware configurations these days.

I mean, just list the optimized changes that an end-user can make themselves? Wrapping up in an EXE with who knows what other intents.... nah man.
When I read this on Tom's multiple A/V solutions gave it a pass but anything is still possible. However, it seems to be a genuine effort with no mal intent. The trick is to get it from an uncorrupted source.

I mean, just list the optimized changes that an end user can make themselves? Wrapping up in an EXE with who knows what other intents.... nah man.
Don't forget how little gamers on PC know today. Tell them they need to fiddle with a configuration file and they'll just throw their hands in the air and not even try. I sometimes tell people exactly how to setup a batch file on other forums and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Don't forget how little gamers on PC know today. Tell them they need to fiddle with a configuration file and they'll just throw their hands in the air and not even try. I sometimes tell people exactly how to setup a batch file on other forums and they have no idea what I'm talking about.
At one point in my life, I took a hiatus from asperations of IT support for about a decade in between the 80s and 90s. I sincerely believed after seeing the first Macs and early Windows that tech would evolve to a point where only a select amount of programmers, repair/support staff, and engineers, would be needed to support the industry by the time the 2000s got here. Seriously underestimated how the mass population could find ways to de-evolve and got back into it as demand far exceeded anything I imagined.

At one point in my life, I took a hiatus from asperations of IT support for about a decade in between the 80s and 90s. I sincerely believed after seeing the first Macs and early Windows that tech would evolve to a point where only a select amount of programmers, repair/support staff, and engineers, would be needed to support the industry by the time the 2000s got here. Seriously underestimated how the mass population could find ways to de-evolve and got back into it as demand far exceeded anything I imagined.
Devolve is a real word, by the way ;)

Become a Patron!
Back