Daisy Ridley Comments on Her New Star Wars Film: “I Think People Will Be Very Excited”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Daisy Ridley is set to return to the Star Wars world in a new film that will trace Rey Skywalker's attempt at building a new Jedi Order, and while it's unclear when it'll come out, the actress suggests that it might actually be a good movie.

See full article...

So basically, they're making her Luke Skywalker from many of the books written over 20 years ago.

So basically, they're making her Luke Skywalker from many of the books written over 20 years ago.
You know what? I’ll take it. They’ve pretty much made it impossible to do Heir to the Empire, but there is plenty they can mine - just like they did with comics and marvel

Well if they want to keep using some of the recent cast they better not wait another 15 years orso b4 making more movies, the ruined enough with geriatric heroes.

I'm sure people will get very excited, but after it they will be dissapointed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They need er to bulk up. She needs to look stronger and more athletic.. thicc even. It was funny for a while to have skinny boy looking girls be lead heros. Not it's just annoying.

They need er to bulk up. She needs to look stronger and more athletic.. thicc even. It was funny for a while to have skinny boy looking girls be lead heros. Not it's just annoying.
And then you end up with abby from the last of us part 2 which got them a lot of hate

I thought we were done with Star Wars movies for a good long while. Apparently not.

You know what? I’ll take it. They’ve pretty much made it impossible to do Heir to the Empire, but there is plenty they can mine - just like they did with comics and marvel

Maybe if they had started with that but now, the whole thing is a joke. They won't get any of it right, not even a good approximation of the stories in the books. They'll be worse adaptations, worse than the cheesiest of the bad novels in the expanded universe. They couldn't even get a good story out there with Admiral Thrawn.

Daisy Ridley is set to return to the Star Wars world in a new film that will trace Rey Skywalker's attempt at building a new Jedi Order, and while it's unclear when it'll come out, the actress suggests that it might actually be a good movie.

See full article...
Star Wars is dead to me, even more so than Star Trek. There is nothing to get excited about. I was excited for force awakens. But they blew it hard. And TLJ wasn't even incompetence, it was malice. After that I couldn't sit down to watch another SW movie, not even for free.

Now that would be at least something to get excited about, but it will never happen. For all their virtue signaling about strong female leads, hollywood still hates literal strong females.

If it's good then great but if not then it's just another thing to throw in the pile. However, in the end, ticket sales will be the determining factor of success for Disney/Kennedy. Ultimately it was the writing, not the cast, that annoyed me the most with the last trilogy so while I expect the worst I'll try to keep an open mind.

You can download that as an MP3 and most modern phones can use an MP3 as a ringtone. You're welcome!
For sure. I've never put in the time to customize any of my ringtones but I'm always joking about it.

Become a Patron!
Back