Danish Retailer Reports on Record-Low RTX 30 Series Cards Received from Manufacturers

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
nvidia-rtx-ampere-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

It has been nearly a month since NVIDIA’s Ampere-based GeForce RTX cards launched. To this day, they seem almost mythical in both performance and availability. Spending hours, days, or weeks mashing F5 doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be successful in getting one, either. Danish retailer Proshop has done something unprecedented. It’s published charts detailing all orders from manufacturers for the GeForce RTX 3070/3080/3090 cards. Thanks to Guru3D for spotting this. Let’s hope it doesn’t get penalized for the seemingly cardinal sin of speaking about Fight Club, since no other retailers have felt the need to come public with similar info. Below are four charts, one for each card type, followed by a...

Continue reading...

This is interesting. I wonder if this European retailers experience is at all similar to US vendors.

This is interesting. I wonder if this European retailers experience is at all similar to US vendors.

I don't know, but I have basically given up trying to buy one, I been keeping track of things as best as I can on half a dozen webshops and I have yet to see proof they actually have had any cards at all. I could try a preorder but those might take months to fullfil and it's not like they gonna tell me when I can expect to get it delivered anyways and there would likely be 100's of people before me anyways.

Memory express Canada has leaked some image when they expect cards to come in and it was not looking good (can't find the image atm).

At this point I may aswell wait for the "updated" versions if they ever see the light of day.

The only issue I have atm is that one of my current GPU's fans is not doing great, and for example in bejeweled 3 I have a lot of flickering going on so I hope my current card is not dying on me.

I could try a preorder but those might take months to fullfil
Even though I'm in the U.S. I occasionally order things from Amazon UK or Canada, usually special editions of movies that are not available in the U.S. On that note, I couple weeks back I checked Amazon UK, got excited because I saw a 3080 or 3090 with add to cart option, only to see in fine print under it, "expected to ship in 1 to 2 months". Hopes crushed and I laughed it off.

I also regularly check OverclockersUK and noticed not too long after long just about everything switched over to Pre-order status.

Overclockcers UK only ships these in UK and Ireland due to the high demand.
Yep. Previous gen you could get them shipped to the U.S. though. I almost got my Strix 2080 Ti from them but the morning of I was able to source from NewEgg and saved all that VAT money. In the beginning of this launch they were taking orders for out of UK/Ireland but I think that changed on launch day/morning. Only reason I didn't try to order then was that I'm pretty much already at max budget looking at a Strix 3090. Not that it would've mattered after what happened.

That confirms my suspicions. I think only a handful of cards made it to europe, and probably even less to my end of it. One thing for sure, I have not seen them available from any retailer for even one second so far. Only one actually has them even listed, but without price and expected delivery date. Basically you can't even preorder.

Meanwhile, people like Jayz2cents has not 1, not 2, but 3 3090's and a handful of 3080's. While the rest of the world can't even buy 1 of either.
I guess YT celebrity status helps, or just some nice connections. I occasionally watch his vids but wow that's a lot of cards. That gif @Armenius posted with him and the 12 pin connector still cracks me up.

It's true. I believe we were sampled a single RTX 3080 card. We haven't been sampled a 3090 as far as I know. David and Brent know more about that stuff than I do, but I believe that's the case. When reviewers have a hard time getting them, they are rare indeed.
I've also been trying to get one for David for a couple of weeks now. I check a bit every morning and evening for anything and no luck. I've also been monitoring NowInStock(not the most reliable but still indicative of trends) and it hasn't looked good. The closest I've gotten are a number of Lucy/Charlie Brown moments with getting them into the cart and then you know the rest. Happens about once a day.

I've also been trying to get one for David for a couple of weeks now. I check a bit every morning and evening for anything and no luck. I've also been monitoring NowInStock(not the most reliable but still indicative of trends) and it hasn't looked good. The closest I've gotten are a number of Lucy/Charlie Brown moments with getting them into the cart and then you know the rest. Happens about once a day.

I've been doing the exact same thing with the exact same results.

It's true. I believe we were sampled a single RTX 3080 card. We haven't been sampled a 3090 as far as I know. David and Brent know more about that stuff than I do, but I believe that's the case. When reviewers have a hard time getting them, they are rare indeed.

Hilbert from Guru3D seems to be doing fine, think he has like half a dozen 3080's and 3 orso 3090 reviews up (not mentioning any youtubers as they also seem to swim in cards)

Hilbert from Guru3D seems to be doing fine, think he has like half a dozen 3080's and 3 orso 3090 reviews up (not mentioning any youtubers as they also seem to swim in cards)
I've got a hunch he's got a good source at MSI over there. I've noticed how he gets Trio/Ventus reviews up before just about anyone else. All in compliance with NDAs and such but you can almost set a clock to when they'll post after the time's up. I took notice of this during the Turing launches.

We're allegedly getting two more 3080's when they're available, and "on the list" for a third. Silence is what we've got for 3090 inquiries so far.

Become a Patron!
Back