Deepcool Wants You to Buy an RGB Holder for Your Sagging GPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Now that you've got your RGB RAM, RGB fans, RGB cooler, and even an RGB HDMI cable, your journey toward multicolor LED bliss must be complete, right? Not quite. China's Deepcool has begun offering two graphics card holders this month that will keep your GPU from sagging in the flashiest way possible. The GH-01 RGB and GH-01 LED also include a wire-routing system to keep things nice and tidy.

Up to two 8-pin PCIe power cables can be routed. You use a thumb-screw and notches to adjust the GH-01's VGA support height from 47.2 mm to 154 mm. The stand itself measures 52.6 mm x 60.6 mm x 163.73 mm (WxDxH). It can bear a load of up to 5 kg. There are two sub-variants of the GH-01 based on the illumination type.

I keep hearing people lament about their sagging GPU's and putting all sorts of things in their case to hold them up...

...but I can't help but wonder how much of a real problem this is?

I've been doing this for - what - 25-30 years now and I have yet to have a GPU that sags.

Reactions: _k_
I saw some sag when I had 2 Gigabyte G1 1080's in SLI. It was very obvious since there were only millimeters between them where they mounted to the case and at the furthest right end of the top card you could see it touching the bottom card. I was able to compensate with making sure to use the screws on the case on the other side of the card but you could still see it. I would periodically re-tighten or make sure the cards were fully seated in their sockets as well.

Now I only run a single gpu but I can also see it with the Asus Strix 2080TI.

These are all huge cards that even in full size ATX cases made for eatx boards they're still within inch, or less, of the HDD drive bases. I do agree that are many who will jump on a bandwagon when it comes to issues but I can honestly say I've seen it with my last 2 gens of cards now.

I think someone running a FE card or something water cooled may not ever see this happen since the cooling solutions occupy considerably less space but the air solutions from a number of partners have increased the physical size, and weight, of the cards. Just watch some video tear downs for the 2080's and 2080 TI's and you'll see what I mean. The positive is these cooling solutions really do help but the negative are potential sag situations. When I see a liquid cooling solution one of the first thoughts I have is how much thinner the card looks with it.

It's also possible that this may not happen with newer motherboards that have not endured much yet. My x79 board has lived thru out 3 gens of cards, 2 sets of SLI, in 4-6 years and with each advance the cards have gotten substantially bigger and heavier.

I haven't used straps or supports yet but it's a possibility if cards continue to grow, unless cases come with something builtin.

Naaa Deepcool, I put my PC inside a table so the gfx card is vertical and hidden.
It doesnt sag and I cant see any RGBs now thank god, lol.

Become a Patron!
Back