Diana Prince Lassos Her Way Past Lightning Bolts In First "Wonder Woman 1984" Trailer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Gal Gadot is back as Diana Prince in Wonder Woman 1984. The direct sequel to WB's 2017 origin film hits the fast-forward switch, transporting the DC super heroine from the morbid, artillery-ridden battlefields of World War I to the eighties, where synths and mullets dominate. It appears that Wonder Woman will be squaring up against The Mandalorian himself, Pedro Pascal, who plays Max Lord, a villain with wish-granting superpowers. That's probably how Chris Pine has managed to return as love interest Steve Trevor.

With director Patty Jenkins back at the helm and Gal Gadot returning in the title role, “Wonder Woman 1984” is Warner Bros. Pictures’ follow up to the DC Super Hero’s first outing, 2017’s record-breaking “Wonder Woman,” which took in $822 million at the worldwide box office. The film also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as The Cheetah, Pedro Pascal as Max Lord, Robin Wright as Antiope, and Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta.

A shame they didn't think to get a George Perez cameo in this. Just sayin'

Yeah, I'm feeling the hype for it - not sure when I started liking the 80s again, but damned if I'm not feeling that trailer.

Also, Gadot is real purdy in her Wonder Woman outfit, hyeh hyeh.

So wonder woman is like the super hero version of stranger things? I'm not complaining... the 80s is when I became a teenager so I have a ahem... special... appreciation for the styles of that era.

I just watched that trailer an I am SO wanting to see this. I like that they flipped the roles from the last movie with Steve being the confused one lost in time.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back