Director Destin Daniel Cretton Returning for Shang-Chi Sequel

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings-promo-art-energy-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios

Marvel fans who enjoyed this year’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings should expect a similar feel for the sequel.

That’s according to Deadline, which has learned that director Destin Daniel Cretton will be returning to helm the second installment for Marvel Studios as part of an exclusive multi-year deal with Disney. Cretton will also be developing a new Marvel series for the conglomerate’s increasingly attractive streaming service, Disney+.

From Deadline:

[…] Disney has made it official that Cretton is returning to write and direct the previously rumored sequel to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.Under the big new overall deal, Cretton will develop TV projects for both Marvel Studios for Disney+ and Onyx Collective across all platforms, including Hulu. Maui-born Cretton will produce through a...

Continue reading...

We enjoyed this. I'm glad he's coming back and that he'll have so much input in many other projects for the character(s).

I'm indifferent I guess. I didn't mind Shang-Chi, and I felt the lead did a good job, just not sure it merits a sequel. Not exactly a top tier super.

Haven't watched it yet.. might watch is, but Im done with marvel and super heroes.

Become a Patron!
Back