Disney Announces Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu Streaming Bundle for $12.99 a Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The war between streaming services is heating up. During today's investors call, Disney revealed it would be offering a streaming bundle with Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for the relatively low price of $12.99 a month starting in November.

That matches the price of Netflix's standard plan, which lacks Ultra HD but allows streaming to two screens simultaneously. Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ will also be available separately for $5.99, $4.99, and $6.99 a month.

The streaming services may be available through “Amazon, Apple, and other distributors,” according to Iger. Disney has not marked any deals with the aforementioned companies, but told investors “we feel it’s important for us to achieve scale quickly, and we think it’s going to be an important part of that. They’re all interested in distributing the product.”

I don't need ESPN, but if I can score Hulu and Disney, (depending on content) for reasonable, I may consider

we already do Hulu .. I'd grab this package fro $12.99

Yea the disney + for a total of 12.99 means I'm paying what.. 7 bucks more for disney + and I get an ESPN part I can just ignore. It sucks they are bundling ESPN into it because they are getting credit for something I simply don't watch and don't care to.

I get that they own ESPN and that's why they included it but it'd be a waste for us. I am happy to start seeing someone do bundle packaging for services though. The smart thing would be for them and Netflix to use that past amicable relationship and do a partnered bundle of Disney+, Hulu+, Netflix Premium for around $25/mo. We'd happily do that in a heartbeat. Disney could continue to pull it's properties from Netflix while maintaining a partnership that I believe many would want. It could be a win/win for all. That would also put the last nail in the coffin for us to 'cut the cord' even though I don't have any illusions that it's really just switching to a different cord.

I wonder if they will come up with a package that doesn't have ESPN, I have no interest in that. If they don't though, I'll still end up getting this bundle. I intend to get Disney+, and have had Hulu for ages. The cost is the same as paying for these two services separately, so might as well take the free ESPN even if I'm not likely to ever use it.

Much cheaper than I thought Disney was going to charge.

I'll likely sign up for all three to augment Prime (with Starz and HBO) and Netflix. Well, I already have Hulu, but this package deal is pretty stout.

Much cheaper than I thought Disney was going to charge.

I'll likely sign up for all three to augment Prime (with Starz and HBO) and Netflix. Well, I already have Hulu, but this package deal is pretty stout.

They'll probably start increasing the prices as adoption increases. This just seems like a starting point to get a solid userbase.

I heard it was Hulu, with ads, and that lines up with the prices shown in the OP. Which, no thank you...

I heard it was Hulu, with ads, and that lines up with the prices shown in the OP. Which, no thank you...
booo ... hissss ... that is why I "cut the cord" to begin with .. me hates ads yo!

maybe drop the espn and make Disney+/Hulu ...no ads .. bundle

I might be interested in ESPN+ for that price. I cut the cord back in 2013 and the only time I regret it is during college football season. $5/month doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Become a Patron!
Back