Disney Renames Slave 1 to “Boba Fett’s Starship”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-the-vintage-collection-slave-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Hasbro

Boba Fett’s iconic starship has long been referred to as the Slave 1, but that naming convention has apparently come to an end. As indicated by a new 593-piece LEGO set, Disney has decided to change the modified Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft’s name from Slave 1 to “Boba Fett’s Starship.” LEGO Star Wars designers Jens Kronvold Frederiksen and Michael Lee Stockwell confirmed the decision, noting that Disney had ordered the change because it wasn’t something the company wanted to use anymore. LEGO’s new Star Wars Boba Fett’s Starship set will be available beginning on August 1st for $49.99. Boba Fett fans can also check out a new series centered around the popular bounty hunter, The Book of Boba Fett, in December 2021...

Continue reading...

Oh my, wait until disney hears about my IDE controller.

I've read a fitting comment on the subject somewhere:

"And I'll rename myself to: Former disney customer"

They could have chosen a more iconic name rather than "boba fets runabout" . LAME.

From now on all personal ships and watercraft must be renamed to the owners name and boat at the end. I'm sure that will make everyone happy.

If Disney doesn't want the word 'slave' as part of their market... are they going to delete the Song of the south from their history?

I'm not pissed they renamed the ship. I'm pissed they chose such a crap name.

Sometimes I like to daydream about what Star Wars would've been like had Lucas, instead of selling the franchise to Disney, took a step back from the creative process and gave more control to Filoni.

I'm not pissed they renamed the ship. I'm pissed they chose such a crap name.
It's not actually the renaming that is the issue. But the sheer hypocrisy behind it. Disney filmed movies in regions of china notorious for using slave labor, and went on to thank their masters in the credits for their cooperation.
Erasing the word won't make everything suddenly alright. Their bigotry is bigger than the executor (which they also renamed for the lego set)

Rename a ship..... Ok there creators of "Song of the South". Uncle Remus can sleep easier now.

FWIW. SW Bounty Hunter has the story on how Jango came by getting it. It's a pretty cool part of the game.

Become a Patron!
Back