Disney Will Drop Kang the Conqueror Actor and Marvel Studios Star Jonathan Majors Following Assault Allegations, Fans Speculate

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Jonathan Majors has done a good job of bringing Kang the Conqueror to life in the Loki series for Disney+ and the latest Ant-Man movie, if critics are to be believed, but a lot Marvel fans are now speculating that Disney may drop the actor and recast the coveted role after he was arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman last month. The U.S. Army paused its multimillion-dollar ad campaign featuring Majors in March, and with additional losses for the actor seemingly piling up, including a split from Entertainment 360, a talent manager, as well as projects that include The Man In My Basement and a Texas Rangers ad campaign, it's unclear how much more Disney is willing to tolerate, especially in light of those texts that were released that seem to suggest Majors isn't innocent. This is a big headache for Disney, with Kang being the centerpoint of its new Multiverse Saga, which is set to conclude in 2025 and 2026 with Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars, respectively.

See full article...

Huh... That's disappointing. It's like you need to use established long term actors for key roles in your franchises... Interesting that.

Marvel Studios probably has never heard of the concept: "Innocent until proven guilty." Personally, I think firing people for allegations is premature. Once guilt is established, have at them. I have no sympathy. However, allegations do not equate to guilt. Plenty of people have been found innocent in court or the charges dismissed. Often, its too late as the damage to reputation is already done.

Marvel Studios probably has never heard of the concept: "Innocent until proven guilty." Personally, I think firing people for allegations is premature. Once guilt is established, have at them. I have no sympathy. However, allegations do not equate to guilt. Plenty of people have been found innocent in court or the charges dismissed. Often, its too late as the damage to reputation is already done.

Doesn't everyone do this these days?

Wasn't Jonny Dep charged with some crap and fired from Disney before he was proven innocent or something?

They arn't fired for being guilty. This has nothing to do with guilt but with risk to the project. If the risk to the project is low they don't care. If it is projected to impact the project (more than the cost of replacing/reshooting with new talent) then they get rid of them. Guilt be damned.

Become a Patron!
Back