DOOM Eternal Review-Bombed Over New Denuvo Anti-Cheat: Players Claim It Makes the Game “Unplayable”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
doom-eternal-doom-slayer-swords-1024x576.jpg
Image: id Software/Bethesda Softworks

DOOM Eternal may have gotten off to a great start when it launched in March, but Bethesda has managed to screw things up by adding Irdeto’s new Denuvo anti-cheat solution into the game. While the intention was to prevent cheating in BATTLEMODE (DOOM Eternal’s 2 versus 1 multiplayer experience), players claim that it has introduced atrocious amounts of stuttering, screen tearing, and other technical issues that have ruined the entire experience – campaign mode included. As a result, DOOM Eternal fans have decided to raze hell in real life by review-bombing the game on Steam.

What’s particularly worrisome is the fact that Irdeto’s new Denuvo anti-cheat...

Continue reading...

I wonder if this all but disables single player with no internet?

This was just a stupid move this late in its release. Should have at least waited until they had a few reports of hackers and then tried to use that as justification and even then it would go down poorly.

This game is a bit lop-sided anyway, so adding this seems like the frosting on the cake.
I havent been able to enjoy this game at all due to all the platforming. Its too bad, really enjoyed the other 4 games in the series.

I wonder if this all but disables single player with no internet?
The game worked previously if you started Steam in offline mode.
With this new update, it gives you this message if you try and do it without updating to this New and Improved(tm) version;
trashcan.png

Become a Patron!
Back