Ducky Unveils Origin Series Full-Sized Keyboards That Blend Classic and Modern Design for the Most Authentic Typing Experience

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Ducky has unveiled its new Origin series keyboards featuring a full 108 keys and designed for those more interested in their typing experience than gaming. Available in Phantom Black or Vintage (reminiscent of those older IBM-styled keyboards), both feature an ultra-thin bezel design which keeps things clean and elegant looking. Ducky moves the design into the modern era with PBT double-shot keycaps, hot-swappable functionality for easy switch replacement, and a dual-layer PCB. Its adjustable keyboard feet allow three different tilt angles. The detachable USB Type-C cable supports a polling rate of 1000 Hz for a fast response. One thing to note is that these do not feature LED.

See full article...

Someone find me where I can order this amazing beige keyboard!

And you were right... I DID want to see this, Peter.

Aaand that made me think of wonderfalls.. specifically this episode... that turns into one long running dick joke.

This essentially looks like an OG Ducky One but in traditional beige/grey with no backlighting.

If they are making this, maybe chances are good for me to be able to replace my black OG Ducky one with backlighting...

This essentially looks like an OG Ducky One but in traditional beige/grey with no backlighting.

If they are making this, maybe chances are good for me to be able to replace my black OG Ducky one with backlighting...

Looks like they have a black version without backlighting that looks almost exactly like a non-LED version of my OG Ducky ONE.

I have a Ducky One-Two with MX Browns (so second version of the Ducky One) and I can state two things about it:

The switches are scratchy, and the keyboard is just plain loud.

I see nothing in this listing that would lead me to believe that these 'Origin' boards have made any improvements.

(improvements like: lubed switches and material in the keyboard body to limit key pinging and echo and so on)

I have a Ducky One-Two with MX Browns (so second version of the Ducky One) and I can state two things about it:

I see nothing in this listing that would lead me to believe that these 'Origin' boards have made any improvements.

(improvements like: lubed switches and material in the keyboard body to limit key pinging and echo and so on)

I didn't know that there were key cards that came pre-owned these days.

People used to do this themselves. A drop of silicone oil on each switch followed by exercising them a few times. I never felt the need to do this though. Mine felt fine out of the box.

I've never had a pinging issue on any of mine.

Last edited:
I have a Ducky 1-2 Skyline with Cherry MXs. It is a little loud, but not overly so that I look to dampen it. One of the best keyboards I have owned, typing on it feels pretty nice.

It's dark grey with light grey keycaps - not garrishly colored, no LED backlighting. Just a nice keyboard.

I have a Ducky 1-2 Skyline with Cherry MXs. It is a little loud, but not overly so that I look to dampen it. One of the best keyboards I have owned, typing on it feels pretty nice.

It's dark grey with light grey keycaps - not garrishly colored, no LED backlighting. Just a nice keyboard.

Yeah, I e always been pretty impressed with the build quality, fit and finish of Ducky products.

Aaand that made me think of wonderfalls.. specifically this episode... that turns into one long running dick joke.

One of our favorite shows from back in the day.

f they are making this, maybe chances are good for me to be able to replace my black OG Ducky one with backlighting...
Yep. That is my only complaint with these. Otherwise, I'd be working on ordering a Phantom Black.

I admit that was something I was wondering about.

Someone find me where I can order this amazing beige keyboard!

And you were right... I DID want to see this, Peter.

Not Ducky, but I have a very similar one from Leopold (via mechanicalkeyboards.com) and I love it!

Become a Patron!
Back