Dungeons & Dragons Live-Action Series Headed to Paramount+

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Dungeons & Dragons fans may want to consider getting a subscription to Paramount+ if they haven't already. According to an exclusive report from Deadline, Paramount has ordered a live-action series based on Hasbro's fantasy role-playing game franchise for its streaming service, one that will comprise eight episodes. Rawson Marshall Thurber (Red Notice, Skyscraper) wrote the pilot script and is set to direct the first episode of the series.

See full article...

Skeptical to say the least with this and btw their app is the absolute worst. Due to whatever disagreement with LG they removed 4K support about a year ago and it's pia on my HiSense and Sony android TVs. Half the time it crashes at launch and even then it crashes after an episode is finished unless you click the next episode before the timer finishes.

I'll also add that I still get stomach cramps every time I think about trying to rewatch Halo and I really wanted to like that show. The Star Trek shows have all been mixed at best and our favorites are actually the ones aimed at kids since they don't put so much effort into meeting various agendas, can only imagine what'll be forced into this show. I can't help but believe that this show will be another GoT wannabe but hey, if I'm wrong on all of this, then I'll be happy. D&D is tough to adapt to TV w/o copying other franchises. The 80s cartoon did a decent job of creating its own storyline but it had issues as well. These days though, everything is usually copying GoT, LOTR, or Harry Potter, not to say they didn't borrow things but they did create the current molds/formulas that many still try to follow.

Maybe I'll watch if it get's on netflix.
It Paramount+ so I doubt it will get there but I don't know if they have other licensing agreements in Europe the way that other streaming services do.

No more streaming services for me. Doesn't matter what or how supposedly great it is.

Become a Patron!
Back