EA and Marvel Entertainment Announce Multi-Title Collaboration, “At Least” Three New Action Adventure Games Coming to PC and Console

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EA has announced that it has entered into a new long-term deal with Marvel Entertainment that promises "at least" three new action adventure games for consoles and PC, each of which will feature an original story set in the Marvel universe.

See full article...

I hope Marvel wants everything in the frostbite proprietary engine.

I hate to break it to them, but marvel is in a downward trend at the movies.

Me, personally wasn't much interested in it even when it was on the top of the world.

I've been into Marvel since the 70s but I admit that I'm pretty burnt out at this point as well. I stopped reading the comics in the 90s when Marvel changed hands 3 or 4 times and restarted their titles on a regular basis and then started rewriting everything. This was long before the agendas many think of today and it was pretty bad then. I'm nervous about EA's involvement, to say the least, as well.

Iron Man is, unfortunately, an all too easy title that microtransactions can be infected with. I am curious about Iron Man but it could be too little too late for me anyway depending on when it actually releases. I really hope they make a story-rich, involved game because his stand-alone movies barely touched the vast amount of content for the character and other games for PC and Android have been pretty bad. I would've been much happier if it was Insomniac doing this.

As far as the other projects, we'll just have to wait and see. There is potential here but cautiously optimistic is the most I can be at this point. I don't want to be down on Motive, it's not their fault that comic-book-based games have had such a rough patch over the decades, so here's hoping for the best. There have been a few stars here and there but so many more turds as well.

Oh, boy!

I don't care!

This absolutely belongs in the feed with gaming news, but screw EA. They borked the Star Wars franchise, and they'll do no better than SqEnix with Marvel.

I hate to break it to them, but marvel is in a downward trend at the movies.

Me, personally wasn't much interested in it even when it was on the top of the world.
Been a rough trend in the games as well.

Pretty much everything that the industry has considered "successful" have been mobile releases. The last 2 big budget releases were Avengers and GotG, the first was roasted when it first came out and never really recovered, the second had decent reviews but didn't sell nearly well enough for SqEnix to keep the studio around: S/E considered both large flops.

*side note* -- the Spiderman games are technically Marvel games too, I didn't think of those. They have done well, but I think of them more closely linked to Sony than MCU/Disney.

If EA's stewardship of the Star Wars IP portends anything (EA has had exclusivity since maybe before the Disney buyout) - I don't think I'll be all that interested.

Yeah I Spider Man is more of a stand alone charaacter. I took me a minute to realize that technically he is part of Marvel.

Speaking of Star Wars, there are rumors that QD's big Star Wars game Eclipse will have an alien warmonger as the protagonist, I'm not really feeling that. I hope it turns out to be false.

Become a Patron!
Back