Early NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Stock Numbers Seem Depressing

Igor just plain rocks. He got on our radar in the spring for a number of rumors and theories than ended being true. I check in on the site a couple of times a week. Had a great vid/review on an EISblock cooler for a Strix 3090 no less, last week. It let him clock that 3090 to just over 2100Mhz! I forget the VRAM clock but I think it was over 20GHz.

It may not be a paper launch, but demand for the 3070 will be a lot higher, they may satisfy some more demand, but given that 3080 demand according to that Danish shop that shares numbers is met for less then 10% they would need to crank out more then 10x the amount of cards, a lot more

A quick glance at mindfactory DE sales nr's shows me they have sold over 20k 2070 models or around 2 weeks worth of manufacturing of the above mentioned 10k/week.

At least if they manage to stop the bots a lot more people other then scalpers should be able to get one, I'm curious to see what happens.

I wonder if BestBuy will actually carry these on the shelf vice just Online. I would think store pickup would be one way to prevent scalping, limit one per family, use at least credit card to block further purchases maybe in other stores. Then again by the time a person goes to another store they will be gone. If supply is sufficient scalping becomes worthless anyways.

I wonder if BestBuy will actually carry these on the shelf vice just Online. I would think store pickup would be one way to prevent scalping, limit one per family, use at least credit card to block further purchases maybe in other stores. Then again by the time a person goes to another store they will be gone. If supply is sufficient scalping becomes worthless anyways.
I'd say if the stock exists they could. In my experience they often start out with the lower tier cards around launch. A bit later the higher end ones pop up here and there. At the moment though, I think everything will be online until stock builds up.

Become a Patron!
Back