Editorial: Boostgate: AMD’s Boost Clock Controversy

Not really overblown. People still aren't getting advertised clocks. Me included. I'm on the latest BIOS and it still comes up 25-50 Mhz short. I've reached out to Gigabyte a couple times with no response. Stay classy Gigabyte.

At the end of the day I've given up giving a ****. This build does what I built it for with power to spare. My only complaint now is the thing randomly will lock up. Doesn't happen often, but it happens. I'm not the only person experiencing these random wonky issues either. So, if they can fix that I'll be happy.

I'm the same way. I've yet to see any of the test CPU's achieve the full clock speeds on any board without me doing something to push them that far. I can get them to do it in some cases by overclocking the base clock, but that's the only way. Like you, I'm generally about 25MHz short or so on most of them.

Thanks Dan for all your hard work in researching and testing with this. Also appreciate the details in the editorial and as usual I learned a bit from it. None of the bad press has affected my feelings for AMD. Still rooting for them and still eyeing something along the lines of a 3700x down the road.

Become a Patron!
Back