EGS Rant

Brian_B

FPS Enthusiast
Ok, first world problem.

This isn't a rant about capitalism or the death of player choice.

Rather, I hate it when I get something on the EGS. It says on the storefront "In Library". LIke today, Terraforming Mars. I want to give it a shot. I got the freebie, and now I want to install it. There's no option from the Storefront page to install, just that "In Library" button that took the place of the "Purchase", so I click that "In Library" button, thinking it'll take it to my spot in the library where the game is.

Nope, it just takes me to "My Library", with all my titles, in all their glory, at the top of the list in alphabetical order - which now, with all the free junk, has started to get a bit unwieldy.

So I think - you know, there's a search bar! So I search for said title that I'm trying to install. And lo and behold - it takes me to the game. The Storefront page for the game. With the same "In Library" button.

I have to actually scroll by hand and find the title I'm looking for - Search won't find it in my library, just in the Store.

First World Problems.

I don't have that issue. Because I never got any game on EGS. The only game in my EGS library is Metro Exodus because they did the pre-order rugpull.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you. I recently, mostly, given up on getting more free games from anywhere unless it's something I've really been curious about and the stuff I play rarely gets to free promotions.

That's what I've been saying since the beginning. If I think a game is worth playing, I'd have purchased it already. And if I don't think it is, then why would I waste my time on it?

That's what I've been saying since the beginning. If I think a game is worth playing, I'd have purchased it already. And if I don't think it is, then why would I waste my time on it?
I still think the idea of free games is good but for me, at this point, I've got around 100+ I've never played and will likely never play. However, when I was much younger, with no family, a single simple job, and a much simpler lifestyle, I would've definitely played some of them. At this point though, I'm lucky if I get a few hours in a week to enjoy what I've paid for. If I see something listed I've been curious about I'll still grab it. That's how I got Saints Row remastered and a small handful in recent years that I did put a little time into. It still wasn't enough for me to buy them, well maybe there was one I did, but I was grateful for being able to check it out.

However, as I said, hardly any of the games I play ever end up being on a free list, at least not until they're close to 10 years old anyway. I hear you though. If it's something I'm interested in I'll usually buy it, some cases even pre-order, but there are a few out there I've held off on and a free weekend isn't enough to inspire me to juggle my weekend to accommodate.

Become a Patron!
Back