EKWB Lays Off 25% of Workforce in Anticipation of Weaker Water Block Demand

I can abide by slightly stronger fan noise while gaming as usually the ambient sounds of the game will drown it out, but not the PS3, that was like a hair dryer at times.
"Hair dryer" is really d4mn good way to put it. I've also called it a leaf blower, though I guess it's not quite at that level. Still too loud for me to be able to hear my own thoughts, so it might as well be.

The PS4 Pro can also get loud under demanding games.
Yupz, noticed that myself too.

But with Sony moving to release exclusives on PC, I'll not have to put up with peasant life much longer.
I am really hoping for the same myself.

but not the PS3, that was like a hair dryer at times.
Yeah, I remember those times. That was when I stopped buying consoles so I could focus my money on my PC equipment. However, I had friends that were all about it I remember the stories about how that thing managed to suck in just about anything remotely nearby, From hair and dust to fur to, well, just about anything. I saw some after they took them apart and it was pretty bad.

Yeah, I remember those times. That was when I stopped buying consoles so I could focus my money on my PC equipment. However, I had friends that were all about it I remember the stories about how that thing managed to suck in just about anything remotely nearby, From hair and dust to fur to, well, just about anything. I saw some after they took them apart and it was pretty bad.
I still have my "fat" PS3 and fire it up from time to time but you're right about it sounding like a hair dryer after roughly 20 to 30 minutes.

I still have my "fat" PS3 and fire it up from time to time but you're right about it sounding like a hair dryer after roughly 20 to 30 minutes.
I so very nearly bought one on eBay around 3-5 years ago just to get one of the originals before Sony began patching out features.

Become a Patron!
Back