Elden Ring Sells 20 Million Copies in Its First Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Anyone who considers Elden Ring to be a sales disappointment is sorely mistaken. According to a press release that Bandai Namco shared today, FromSoftware's fantasy action RPG has shipped more than 20 million units worldwide, marking another milestone for the game that launched less than a year ago on February 25, 2022. Featuring a universe developed by Hidetaka Miyazaki (Dark Souls) and George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire), Elden Ring is available to enjoy on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. It is the second best PC release of 2022, according to Metacritic (94), which gave the game a must-play award following universal acclaim from reviewers.

See full article...

As someone who has bought both... Ive easily quintupled of not more my play time in Hogwarts legacy over this game.

As someone who has bought both... Ive easily quintupled of not more my play time in Hogwarts legacy over this game.
Thanks! I just finished my latest playthrough of Metro Exodus and was about to dig into Dead Space but had forgotten there was a new game I was interested in getting. It was Hogwarts! I'll probably get it this weekend.

Thanks! I just finished my latest playthrough of Metro Exodus and was about to dig into Dead Space but had forgotten there was a new game I was interested in getting. It was Hogwarts! I'll probably get it this weekend.
I can unabashedly recommend it. Even got my director playing it.

I got stuck in some openworld-ish swamp bit in Metro exodus with barely any ammo left other then that airgun and lost interest, never figured that bit out.

More on topic, I wont get elden ring evven if they give it to me for free, hell they would have to pay me a ton to play it.

Must be getting old as it seems I'm mostly out of touch with what the cool kids play these days.

I got stuck in some openworld-ish swamp bit in Metro exodus with barely any ammo left other then that airgun and lost interest, never figured that bit out.
That's like the first area after you leave the metro. I hated that part too. Not having ammo is a common theme for the entire game. And the game never tells you this, but the more people you kill during the game, the worse ending you get. I was furious at the end. If you are going to have such an arbitrary rule in a FPS, the least you can do is tell the player.

the more people you kill during the game, the worse ending you get
Not going to lie. I put effort into doing a playthrough for the best ending (which strangely ends up making the game much shorter) but then will go back to play chapters and do a rampage on all the tools afterward. This also allows me to explore a lot more places that normally would make getting the best endings even harder. The big trick with ammo is crafting. I admit I play it on the easiest settings which provide a lot of crafting items strewn throughout each level. Yeah, this game is definitely not like the last two where pretty much everything that moves is a target, other than you.

oh, back on topic as well. The more I hear about Elden Ring, the less likely I want to even try it.

Become a Patron!
Back