Elden Ring Sets Record as Being the Most Completed, and Most Retired, Game of 2022

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Gaming statistics site HowLongToBeat (via Kotaku) has charted the game as taking the lead in the two opposing categories but also showing up in many others.

See full article...

I'm still waiting for it to drop bellow $10. Because that's how much I'm willing to waste on a game I'll probably hate. It gives me Witcher 3 vibes.

I'm curious about it but I'm going to wait a bit for it as well. With all of these awards and sales records, sooner or later there's going to be a nicely discounted GOTY edition and in this case, it actually will be a GOTY.

Yeah I agree, I'm curious, but I also realize it's a Souls game, and I just never have been able to get into those. The curiosity is just because of all the hype and attention.

I might throw $5 or $10 at it if I catch it there, but I have a strong feeling I'd play it for about 45min-1hr and say "Yeah, not for me"

Yeah I agree, I'm curious, but I also realize it's a Souls game, and I just never have been able to get into those. The curiosity is just because of all the hype and attention.

I might throw $5 or $10 at it if I catch it there, but I have a strong feeling I'd play it for about 45min-1hr and say "Yeah, not for me"
That's my feeling as well. I'll wait for a sale.

The only way for me to play this is they give me money to do so, and it would need to be a substantial amount too.

Bought the game. Put 5 hours in. Said nope. Looks good but I'm sorry I don't have the time to dive in fully and figure everything out like that. Already Uninstalled.

The price of the game isn't as relevant as the time needed to play the game which is far more valuable. I simply don't have the time to play such a game these days. Maybe if I lived on Venus I'd have time in the day to see what the fuss is all about.

Become a Patron!
Back