Eligible Windows 11 Devices Will Be Automatically Updated to version 23H2, Microsoft Says

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has started updating eligible Windows 11 devices automatically to version 23H2, a major update for the operating system that Microsoft began rolling out in September 2023, according to an new support page that outlines Windows 11 23H2's known issues and notifications.

See full article...

WTF??!?! Is this another forced OS upgrade like Windows 10 was?

If you have an eligible Home or Pro consumer device, you can update to version 23H2 by opening Settings Windows Update, turning on “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available,” and selecting Check for updates. Once the update is available for your device, you will see the option to Download and install.

What if you have an eligible Home or Pro consumer device and you don't want to upgrade to Windows 11? That doesn't sound like it's an option.

WTF??!?! Is this another forced OS upgrade like Windows 10 was?

What if you have an eligible Home or Pro consumer device and you don't want to upgrade to Windows 11? That doesn't sound like it's an option.
This is win 11 to a higher win 11 feature upgrade, not from 10

Thats what I though too. How do I stop the upgrade then I saw it was for win 11

Hey I'm already on 23H2... whatddaya know! From what I can tell it gives you a copilot link on your task bar... handy if you're a pen and paper gamer for having it draw characters for you! :)

My number one reason for setting up my own DNS using a Raspberry Pi on my network was to block ads.
My second reason for setting up my own DNS using a Raspberry Pi was to block Windows update.
Best device on my network by far.

Hunting for the decline button is getting more difficult with each new "suggestion".
Yeah, I've been noticing how much more aggressive it's been getting for just over a year now. I'm not happy about it.

My second reason for setting up my own DNS using a Raspberry Pi was to block Windows update.
Best device on my network by far.
That's pretty cool. I've heard of folks doing similar setups for firewalls and such.

Hey I'm already on 23H2... whatddaya know! From what I can tell it gives you a copilot link on your task bar... handy if you're a pen and paper gamer for having it draw characters for you! :)
It's awesome how you always find a positive with this stuff and I don't mean that sarcastically.

I honestly can't think of a Windows OS since XP, except maybe 7, where the PC community as a whole, didn't fight tooth and nail to avoid so I don't feel this one isn't anything different. I do think that 10 just got us all to a happy compromise of comfort and functionality. I still remember the first couple of years using mods just to make it look more like 7 and then stopping that only to become annoyed by updates constantly moving stuff and then forcing me to either type it in the search or manually dig around for it. So far, my experience with 11 has been limited, and intentionally so, but I'm slowly getting used to it since eventually, just like all the others before it, 10 will go away. I'm far more worried about 12 though since 11 is shaping up to be a beta for it.

It's awesome how you always find a positive with this stuff and I don't mean that sarcastically.
Well when you consider I started with windows back in windows 3.1 and 3.2 for workgroups. I've seen a LOT of change in windows. While all of the change is... annoying. What's amazing is how much you can still do just from command line. The GUI spoiled a lot of users. And me too, to be fair. But figuring out how to do what you need from the command line or power shell is still the way to go for most professional level tasks.

For end users... if you don't game... get a mac. You'll be much more comfortable with the experience.

Become a Patron!
Back