Enermax LIQTECH II 360 AIO Cooler Review

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Today marks the first review that we will be using our new AIO test platform that is capable of putting out enough heat to make them sweat to test liquid cooling for CPUs. On the bench today is the Enermax LIQTECH II 360 cooler (ELC-LTTO360-TBP) which was the inspiration for our test platform as it plainly states on the box and on its product literature that it is capable of handling a “500W+ TDP.” It’s always a challenge to let a bold marketing claim walk past without having the urge to validate it, so that is what we shall...

Continue reading...

Very nice article.. Just a one minor criticism though:

In the testing setup portion of the article, you mention the Corsair H115i Platinum, but don't dive into any of the specifics of the model. I had to go look up what the cooler was, its dimensions, and its cost. Even when comparing a wide range of coolers in a round-up you'd have listings of specifications for each cooler.

Looks like the 280mm cooler took the 360mm cooler to school. Maybe a 360mm vs 360mm comparison down the road now that you have 1 360mm in the database? :)

Again, thank you for a very nice article and I look forward to more content down the road!

Wow, the Corsair definitely schooled it with less of a radiator. Was surprised by those results.

Very nice article.. Just a one minor criticism though:

In the testing setup portion of the article, you mention the Corsair H115i Platinum, but don't dive into any of the specifics of the model. I had to go look up what the cooler was, its dimensions, and its cost. Even when comparing a wide range of coolers in a round-up you'd have listings of specifications for each cooler.

Looks like the 280mm cooler took the 360mm cooler to school. Maybe a 360mm vs 360mm comparison down the road now that you have 1 360mm in the database? :)

Again, thank you for a very nice article and I look forward to more content down the road!

Well, once I review the Corsair H115i Platinum, we'll have all the specs listed for it, and that review can reference back to the Enermax LIQTECH :).

Next up, I have a Silverstone 360mm, and it will be directly compared to these other two. As we gather data about each one, it'll be included 1. where relevant in the reviews (though, we may not get into 50 item absurd chart range) and 2. In a way that you can explore data / compare models dynamically (which will have the 50 item absurd chart data behind it).

You'll see on the conclusion page that I'm also testing out a dynamic graphing plugin (still working to get our logo on it) - that will become an output target for the datasets for the #2 item assuming everything works magically as I think that it should.

Wow, the Corsair definitely schooled it with less of a radiator. Was surprised by those results.

I was surprised as well.

Well, each individual review probably shouldn't include 50+ samples to compare to, however, there was one site that did heatsink reviews and it would should ~10 coolers to compare them too (usually the newest ones, best one, etc... it compared to) however, it did have a chart that showed 50+ coolers all compared to each other. That was cool as heck to use and I used to use it all the time, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

edit
I thought it was https://www.frostytech.com/ but they seem to be redoing the site and nothing is available anymore.

Thanks David for all the hard work in getting these up and running. Really looking forward to your next round. Liquid cooling is something I'm always considering and taking note of both pump & noise is of major concern to me. The fact that AMD is not even bundling a cooler for their high end CPUs now paints a picture of whats needed the big monsters out there in either field.

Become a Patron!
Back