Eve’s Crowd-Developed QHD/4K Spectrum Monitors Will Be the First to Feature HDMI 2.1 Ports

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
eve-spectrum-monitor-xbox-series-x-1024x576.jpg
Image: Eve

If you’re in the market for a gaming monitor that’s a bit more future proofed, you may want to check out Eve’s lineup of crowd-developed monitors. In a development update today, CEO Konstantinos Karatsevidis revealed that the Spectrum QHD 240 Hz and 4K 144 Hz models would come with HDMI 2.1 ports, which means that they’ll support some pretty cool gaming features like Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM).

“…one of the most heard requests is for more capable ports,” wrote Karatsevidis. “Though graphics cards at the moment are not yet equipped with HDMI 2.1, we are happy to say that Spectrum does. That means you’re prepared for the next generation of graphics cards, with enough bandwidth to drive these panels to their maximum performance. Not only that, you’ll be set for...

Continue reading...

Did I tell you about the new APU/CPU I am developing with developers that have left Intel, AMD, Matrox, and Nvidia? They will be 24 core CPU's with more graphic processing ability than anything coming in the next 5 years.

For just 1200 dollars I'll make sure you get one with pinouts compatible with your motherboard thanks to the learning mesh layer within the processor.

Thanks to the smart metals used in the traces we can give you firmware updates for the next ten years that will improve performance and we have pioneered a technology that will support sub nanometer traces!

I was all excited until I read the specs of the 4K monitor being only 27". And like that.....my interest is gone.

I'm still on the hunt for the mythical 1440P/IPS/HDR1000/144hz 27-32" monitor. Regardless of what improvements we see from NVIDIA or AMD there's plenty of games that will perform better at 1440P. I've got 4k covered with my t.v.'s but would really like a different monitor. Spent some time a few days ago looking and still can't really find anything with those specs.

I'm still on the hunt for the mythical 1440P/IPS/HDR1000/144hz 27-32" monitor. Regardless of what improvements we see from NVIDIA or AMD there's plenty of games that will perform better at 1440P. I've got 4k covered with my t.v.'s but would really like a different monitor. Spent some time a few days ago looking and still can't really find anything with those specs.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FI27Q-P#kf

I thought that looked familiar.

My only complaint with that one is that it might only be HDR400. The brightness is listed as 350 cd/m2 (TYP) . HDR600 is pretty much the bare minimum to be worth it. HDR1000 is downright impressive with a good display.

Become a Patron!
Back